1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

My Improved Flyer.....

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by GreenClips, Feb 22, 2007.

1. GreenClips

GreenClips LawnSite Member

ok so here is my new and improved flyer i added a logo and some other things so tell me what you think and thanks for all those who have helped me out this web site is a huge help!...thanks again...

flyer 4.JPG
  2. clallen03

clallen03 LawnSite Senior Member

I dont think it looks bad at all.

I would change raking to leaf removal. I think you will have enough space to add this without it effecting the logo. I also like the fine print too. Thats on alot of the big chain coupon.

Overall I think you've done fine.
  3. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Not bad.

I think the top part in black print is too "wordy". Simplify it a little.
  4. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

Never use "etc".
  5. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn LawnSite Senior Member

People could care less about your intro paragraph, drop it. Move your coupon to the top and make it bigger. Don't bother listing your services because you don't have any-- not trying to sound mean, just that everyone mow trims and blows, and customers just assume you can do other stuff.

Do the leaf clean-up as another flyer in the fall with a coupon again.

Keep It Simple,
    1: Coupon
    2: Name
    3: Phone #
  6. GreenClips

ok so you think i should get rid of the etc. what should i put there instead?...i was thinking at first maybe like: tired of having to do the things you dont want to do, do you want to spend more quality time with your family, or something YOU want to do? why not start with leaving your lawn to us!....so what do you think about that?...
  7. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Get rid of the words in Black. Replace those by moving your logo up top and centered. Center the words in green. Center coupon and make a little bigger. Leave the bottom 1/3 as is.

8. GreenClips

thanks for the opinion but i had a flyer like that and there were a lot of people telling me not to have my header as my name to have a paragraph or a catchy fraze and so far i have had the best responses with this one the way it is but with a few minor details so thanks for the thought but im not sure i will use it...but thanks anyway's
  9. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

You are correct on this.

You have several shades of green some of which are not complementary. Make sure the green colors work together or just pick one and go with it.
  10. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn LawnSite Senior Member

this is what I ment using what you had, just making it to the point and cheaper to do as you get 2 to every page.