1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

My insurance agent must hate me

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Rayholio, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Rayholio

Rayholio LawnSite Bronze Member

Just recieved a 2006 chevy w4500 (isuzu NPR) diesel w/ 16ft box..

My agent just told me it will be $1600 a year for full (bearly) coverage on it... That's a lot, as my chevy 3500 was only $400 a year or so....

Anyone else experience this? and is there a better option?
  2. jrc lawncare

jrc lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Try shopping around.
  3. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

my 00' f250 cost me almost $1000yr because it's a 'commercial' truck, when it was a 'personal' truck it was only $550yr. (both full coverage) i was told that it's because of the 'chemical' endorcement. i pay $1800yr for truck/chemical/contractor insurance, another co wanted $3200yr. not the best deal, but most insurance co. will not underwrite the 'chemical' part, and the ones that do the 'chemical' underwriting, won't do it unless you insure the vehicle thu them.

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Wow! That's a lot less than I pay! What co. is underwriting the policy?
  5. jimslawns

jimslawns LawnSite Senior Member

I think my trucks for the year full coverage are only $1600, About another $600 for the liability. Sure Am glad I don't live in indiana.

As far as missouri, check with an idependent insurance company, Still insured by a large company but not overpaying.
  6. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

I would love it if my insurance was only 1600 per truck for the year.
  7. Rayholio

Rayholio LawnSite Bronze Member

Well.. glad to hear that my guy isn't out of the ball park.. Thanks for the info.. now I get to shell out $4000 in taxes, insurance, and registration fees.