My introduction to irrigation...

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by mottster, Nov 20, 2003.

1. mottster

mottster LawnSite Member

was today at a Nursing home and take care of. We have not done any repair or maintenance except setting water times before now but we're starting to learn about replacing heads and such lately. Well today we replaced some spray heads...and i had to adjust them in 50 degree temps. I didn't know what i was doing so I learned the basics from my boss and then he would go inside to run the zones while i ran around getting soaked. Everything went pretty well except for i unscrewed one of the nozzles when the zone was on while i was standing over it...80 psi of water rushing into my eye sockets is fun....not...

lol over all not bad.
  2. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

live and ya learn kid
  3. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 LawnSite Senior Member

...the BEST way to learn...we have all been there, right dana???

4. turfman59

turfman59 LawnSite Senior Member

I dont know what made me do that once,,,,,,, maybe twice
  5. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Oh yeah. I've gotten hit too. But it's even when I realize what's going on. You know, don't want to take the time to turn off the timer to flush out a head, so you take off the nozzle knowing what will happen. And still get water shooting into your nose, 20' into the air, and back on top of you. Oh yeah....

At least now it will be about 4-5 months before that happens again.
  6. Nw. Shadesofgreen

Nw. Shadesofgreen LawnSite Member

Been there and done that. It will make you more cautious next time. Hope you didn't get hurt to bad.

Nw Shades Of Green