My Invoices and Estimates Deluxe Problem

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by DSLND, Sep 11, 2006.

1. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

Well i loaded the program the other day to enter a payment, and it said i was trying to load a file on an older version, though i own the program it said i had to Convert The legacy files but then i just get an error and it exits out. Im really getting sick of this program and am going to change but want to finish the year with it. Anybody know what to do? Thanks! -Mitch-

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

3. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

If I'm not mistaken, correct if I'm wrong, that is pretty much budget type software.

When you do change software program's, or If you can't get results from their support personal,Try upgrading to QuickBooks, or Peachtree, or another more powerful full featured program . although more expensive,these programs have much more powerful accounting features.

4. DSLND

Thanks For The Replys!

Ive been scouting different software for the past 3 months and heres what i have found:

QuickBooks 01: Waaaay Too confusing and complicated

Peach Tree: Stuff Deere said its great, neaver tried it but may

Gopher: Pretty Frickin Sweet Routing, But didnt like how the invoices were setup like slips.

Grounds Keeper Pro: Pretty Confusing for what im used too.

Clip: Coundnt even locate a viewable whole list of customers.

Lawn Care Pro: For $54 bucks ive been looking at it for a while and really like it, and was going to wait til next season to get it.

Any Other Programs? Thanks! -Mitch-

5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I use MyInvoices, but don't use the payment portion. I just use it to generate invoices, track sales tax.

Not a budget program....just a real nice invoicing program without any fancy extras. I've been using them since 1996 or so.

6. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Out of your list

You will like either groundskeeper (although not cheap) and LawnPro. I have both programs and either 1 you will be happy with.

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Did you have an older version of this on your computer before? How long have you had THIS version on your computer? Less than a year, - go tpo their support and look for updates. Otherwise, save your info and reload the program.

8. DSLND

I GOT IT TO WORK!!! I had it saved in another folder and loaded it and it worked!!!! I think i am going to still switch to Quick Books (We own 2001) but install it now and not start using it til Jan.1 but im gonna finish 2006 with this program. Thanks For All The Replys!!!!!!!! -Mitch-

9. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I just found all the other programs (Quicken included) to have a VERY steep learning curve. The industry specific programs are very expensive and seem to be geared to those with multiple crews and 100+ accounts.

10. mikeylees lawn care

mikeylees lawn care LawnSite Member

Does LawnPro have chemical treatment options? or is it mostly a maintenance companys software. We're a start up, but growing, and I've got to get some decent software, before I go nuts here. I don't want to spend the small fortune that Clip is asking, but I definatly need the software to be geared friendly toward the treatment side of the business.