1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

my invoicing software opinions

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Tha5150, Apr 4, 2012.

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

It does not link to your bank account, but it does everything i need it to do, has all the graphs you need for money owed/money recieved/how much money you billed for each month etc etc.

It also lets you mass email your invoices after your done inputing all the work for that month, Which has allowed me to go almost completely paperless. i like it over all.

I have been using it a few years now and the customer support is good, if i email them with a problem i usually get a response within a few minutes,
  2. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Tha510- No it gives you totals I guess, but I use a date book for route. I only use invoice's for customer's that need them like banks hoa's or other's that may want one. I'm simply and it works great for me. They do have a free trail verson.
  3. Tha5150

Tha5150 LawnSite Member

Does it link to google email and calander?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. Bears Lawn Service

Bears Lawn Service LawnSite Member

What do y'all think about service auto pilot? I've been looking in to it a little and it seems really good just a little pricey

I have no idea man, I dont use either so i never tried. I know from looking at your list on your first post it does everything you listed besides being linked to your bank account.
  6. Tha5150

Tha5150 LawnSite Member

One last question, can you use on a mobile device? Do they has a mobile friendly page?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Yea man i use it all the time on my iphone, and ipad, In fact when i do estimates i only do them on my ipad now through the program and email them the estimate as soon as im done with it. Im working on getting a wireless printer so i can sync it to my ipad and be able to print invoices on the spot as well.
  8. Tha5150

Tha5150 LawnSite Member

PLEASE be sure you get an "AirPrint Capable" printer. there are only about 10 of them made. sure there are other ones that will work with different iphone printing apps but trust me, the AirPrint Capabilities are a must if your going to buy new.

9. lifesgood14

lifesgood14 LawnSite Member

Definitely depends on the size of your business.
    If you don't have to do payroll and its just you or maybe one other I'd say that sticking with excel will be fine.
    However if you have more than a couple guys working for you I'd definitely recommend quick books as my favourite.
    Now I am large enough to have an accountant thou so I don't really worry about it to much anymore ;)
  10. Tha5150

Tha5150 LawnSite Member

its just me and maybe a random 1 other person down the road. wife may do billing at end of month but thats it.

i am going to give landscape billing a shot for a month. seems decent. 5 bucks is better than 20 per month and i can justify paying this with only 6 accounts currently. the obvious plan is to grow to where i can quit my day job and do this full time and dont want to switch to a bigger program, say quickbooks, when that time comes. would like to get comfortable with something in the mean time.

if that is quickbooks, then fine with me. i just look at that like a huge program that i dont need all the bells and whistles, yes so many people use it that is has to be one of the very best