My John Deere 777 Z-Trak is in!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Steve1, Jul 19, 2004.

1. Steve1

Steve1 LawnSite Senior Member

I was down at the JD dealer this morning and found out that my new Z-trak (777) had just came in off the truck! It looks really strong and I can't wait to get it.

They're going to install a hitch and do the pre-delivery so I should get it Wednesday. I'll post some pics when it gets here.

The liquid cooled engine looks impressive and with the heavy duty air cleaner, the wide stance and heavy frame, this mower looks like it can take on a tank!
  2. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

Let me be the first to offer congrats, Steve !

You say " and with the heavy duty air cleaner"....did you get a Donaldson factory installed? I had heard they were now available, just curious.

Have Fun,
  3. jpmako

jpmako LawnSite Senior Member

Congtats- Mine will be in next Wednesday. Cany Wait!!!
  4. Steve1

It came that way from the factory (with what appears to be the Donaldson filter system). I'll get some pics for you as soon as it hits my driveway. It looks downright serious!
  5. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

Steve, if you don't mind my asking, how much did that mower set you back?

One thing I do like about the Deere mowers is that they're not welded. My exmark metro gives a great cut, but the welded deck accumulates garbage at an amazing rate. My little Deere L110 rider? Almost zip.

Can anyone tell I'm not fond of unnecessary clean-up work?
  6. Tony1045

Tony1045 LawnSite Member

Congrats on the new JD, I'm sure it will serve you well. I just took custody of my new JD 727A, last week. It's not quite the size of your 777, but serves it my current needs well. I did quite a bit of research prior to making my purchase. I went with the JD because IMO you get the most for your dollar, plus, "Nothing runs like a deere" Good luck and enjoy! Tony
  7. GrassMaster84

GrassMaster84 LawnSite Member

Just curious, what did you pay for the z out the door?
  8. Dupontcar

Dupontcar LawnSite Member

Congrats Steve1. Thank you for your insight with my questions on ZTR's a few weeks back. I have referred others to ask you the John Deere ZTR questions. How did the Deere 757 you where using as a loner while waiting for the 777 to come in work out for you? how much physically larger is the 777 over the 757?

9. Steve1

Thanks for all the replies - I'm really excited about this machine.

The cost? $7850 including a spare set of blades and the use of the 757 till it came in.

The 757 performed flawlessly - an outstanding cut that I could not find one fault with and plenty of power. It handles extremely well and I would recommend one to anyone looking for a powerful air cooled machine with a 60" deck. And yes, I am a HUGE fan of the 7-Iron deck!

Physically, the 777 is slightly wider due to a larger frame and a inches longer as well than the 757, again due to the frame size.

After I take delivery, I'll give you a complete rundown of the differences - of course the biggest difference is the more powerful, liquid cooled engine (27 hp for the 777; 25 hp for the 757).

David - thanks for considering me to help answer some questions on the JD Z-trak. :D I think it is a great product.
  10. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I thought you were going to be a Hustler fan from the comments you made in the past.