1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

My Kinda pictures...

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Truckin4life, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Blue Goose

Blue Goose LawnSite Senior Member

Did you guys have a pour last night?
  2. Truckin4life

Truckin4life LawnSite Member

yup, still pouring actually...
    Had to jump the machine around about 6 times...
    im on 654 of 750+...
    Hopefully i can finish soon, get washed out and get some shut eye.
  3. Blue Goose

Blue Goose LawnSite Senior Member

If everything go's good, how long before you're done?
  4. Truckin4life

be washed out 1.5 hours from now ready to go home...
  5. curtisfarmer

curtisfarmer LawnSite Senior Member

Cool pics:waving: Interesting plant setup compared to what we have here. All plants around here dump directly into trucks and they mix enroute....no premixing or dump trucks loaded either (meaning no massive slip forms like you show). Also, do you require washed sand in Texas? A friend of mine is 1 of the largest concrete sand suppliers in the Boston market so I get to see alot of plants and other backshop issues. Not much flyash up here either.
  6. Truckin4life

I honestly dont know if the sand is washed or not, i do know the pit that it comes from is closely watched by texdot though.
    The plant you are describing is a transit mix or a drybatch type plant, personally i hate them.
    But that is my personal opinion.

As for the flyash, i dont have many mix designs that dont have flyash in it...
    Weather has alot to do with it.
  7. tbi

tbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

They don't cure those cylinders in a cooler with water in it?
  8. Truckin4life

They do, but the cylinders have to set up for 24 hours then they go in the tank...
  9. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

sweet pics and i love that doberman. going to be getting one soon. I like the name Thor, Im planning on naming our Leo (after leonidas king of sparta lol)

looks like your kept busy at that control board, reminds me of a sound board lol.
  10. Truckin4life

I am very busy at my control board, i have the ability to manually weigh up and manually discharge each part of the mix, if the computer weigh's something up and its out of tolerance, i can discharge enough to get it into tolerance then wash it out of the drum and the load can be saved, other control systems you are unable to do this.

As for the dobie, He's a great dog, very energetic, highly intelligent. He used to come to work with me everyday, but i guess he just looks like he might attack so he cant come anymore...