My last day

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Envy Lawn Service, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Well, the end of my year is right here now...

I hope now to get all my loose ends tied up on the 2007 contracts, and hopefully have statisfied all obligations. In any event I will be officially done, and financially done even if I do get caught still out there in the new year.... except working out collections somehow on some deliquency...

Anyways, getting to my whole point here... there is a question I have for you guys as fellow forum members....

I may or may not be totally 100% out of the business, all things considered... only time will tell. But in any event, in my other thread (my last month) many asked that I try to still hang around and post to answer questions, etc.

So my question to everyone is....

What is proper etiquette for me now?

There has been a lot of discussion on here about this sort of thing in recent times and also a lot of partially related discussion as well.... just all sorts of stuff about what should be in your signature line, profile, etc...

So do you guys thing I should add something in my signature line area to 'disclose' my new 'status'.....???

If so, then what sort of wording seems proper to add?

What do I put?.... Sold out?... Sell-out (lol)?... Retired?.... Fake Retired?... WHAT?

I'm open to suggestion and I have no issue in doing this so that my future posts are considered in better context, etc... but I think the line should be dated for those who use the search feature and read old stuff....
  2. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

How about Emeritus...
  3. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

Ahh... the life questions that pop into your head a 2:30 am..

How about:

Lawn God Currently in Hiatus? :laugh:

or... Fountain of Knowledge Reviewing Life's Possibilities? :laugh:
  4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I knew this one was going to be a doosey... :laugh:

I'm almost afraid of what some of you will come up with :eek:
  5. DuraCutter

DuraCutter LawnSite Senior Member

I guess the last hour is next? It's hard to leave isn't it!! :laugh:

You might just want to make the big plunge and leave this behind...there is life after Lawnsite... yes, there is...try it

6. Nosmo

Nosmo LawnSite Bronze Member

Hi Envy: I don't believe I would change anything in your signature . You still like those 3-products. And the tombstone is still correct -- Lesco is never going to be what it was before Deere took them over.

I don't think it is necessary to make a statement in your signature about your status eg: retired, semi-retired etc.

We appreciated your input , your knowledge and you have my respect . For a young man you have gained a lot of know how and I am certain you can back up and prove any subject you put in writing.

7. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

How about, watching from the sidelines for now! Thats what Im doing for now do to Leukemia, but I cant wait to get back to this biz as I really miss it.
  8. dave k

dave k LawnSite Bronze Member

Gone but not forgotten.:)
    Knowledge for sale:laugh: Get it?
    Keep us posted on what you plan on doing, we'll miss you, well at least some of us will.:waving:
  9. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

How 'bout:

See ya, suckas!!
  10. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Sorry to change the topic a bit, but why are you getting out of the business?
    Are you really retiring or just switching careers?

I don't think you need to disclose anything. You still have lot's to impart and LS is a fine place to hang out. There are lots of retired lawn jockeys that hang out here.