My latest overhaul

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by FIMCO-MEISTER, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Dallas is filled with these 40 year old 20' spaced systems. This system was put in by Hall Sprinkler Company. When we started the zone was running a very inefficient 56 gpm. Over time heads had been replaced with plastic 15' nozzles and the pressure had dropped to 60psi. Even if we did restore it to its original brass design there would not have been enough pressure for good coverage. All the valves are grouped at the meter so this zone is 500' from its valve. First set of pics is the DCVA, grouped valves, how the zone looks, and Henry way down there. NOTE>>>>> I just took this property over so can't be held responsibility for everything yet. Also NOTE>>>>>> How I think sidewalks should always be done.

DSC00486.jpg

DSC00487.jpg

DSC00488.jpg

DSC00485.jpg

DSC00489.jpg

2. MP rotators and 1804s to the rescue.
    Pic of a great team together. Put the original concrete donuts back in. Pics of the new system. Now running at a much more efficient 30 gpm.

DSC00491.jpg

DSC00490.jpg

DSC00492.jpg

DSC00493.jpg

3. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Nice pics Peter... and I just love organized parts boxes. :)

4. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

BTW... I love sidewalks that get rid of parking strips. It just looks so much cleaner. :)

5. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Beautiful parts box. Must be 400 bucks worth of MP's in there. I love the donuts, what better way to protect your head.

6. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Those are cool donuts..makes our abs sleeves look pretty dorky!

7. jimmyburg

jimmyburg LawnSite Senior Member

I cant beleive that with all the hoops that dallas put you through to get a inspection on the irrigation system, that they passes that wilkins with the testcocks in the dirt. I have converted over to MPs a little high in price but well worth it.

8. I doubt that backflow went through an inspection. It looks maybe three/four years old. As old as this system is I suspect the original check valve was a single check. I'm guessing most of the replaced older double checks are done without a permit and inspection. I do agree with you completely. The Cities are all over you about brand new double checks but their are thousands of old uninspected DCVAs that could never pass a test.

9. I used to be able to buy those donuts. Talked to several people who have tried to mass produce them. Not easy apparently. Henry and I have decided that MPs in weight alone are worth more than gold. I order MPs to restock that bin and get an invoice for 400.00 plus. My brass nozzle bin weighs three times as much and is worth a third of my MP bin.

10. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

is that the ambassador place u were talking about?