my latest toy for 2008

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by GrassmasterB, Apr 13, 2008.

1. GrassmasterB

GrassmasterB LawnSite Member
    from Florida

i can't believe i waited so long to buy this mower. 2008 mt23 w/42'' deck, low pro tires, comfort seat, and speed-up kit. in the near future i'm adding the arm rest kit and height adjuster.

tmpphpzNHcfl.jpg

tmpphpcNONEa.jpg

2. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

AWESOME!!!!!! I can forsee myself getting a MTGHS 23 with a 48" or the new 52" GHS deck this fall. Definitely get the comfort seat and low-pros on mine too. Would LOVE to get the high dump, but since they are $3700 installed, I think I will pass for another year or maybe two lol.

3. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

Looks great. Wish I would have took a picture of mine last year when it was all new and shiney. I wish I would have gotten the comfort seat. I did get the height adjusers and they are great. Congrats on a great mower.

4. oakhillslandscaping

oakhillslandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

sweet mower, those are the bees knees

5. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Wow brand new, very nice mower

6. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Not saying it is a bad buy, but why do people get these for there fleet? Just for the really high end yards or just something about them? I am not bashing you on your buy at all because it is a great looking mower but is it just there qaulity of cut or what? BTW buying a new mower is always the greatest feeling! Congrats!

7. pclawncare

pclawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I dont know what type of grass you all have up there Finer but down here its almost all bermuda and walker are far superior to any other machine out there (except navigator) as far as cut quality and manuverability. If it was cutting cool season grasses i would probably go for a mid mount but for my market walkers are #1. BTW great looking mower but seriously spring for the height adjuster it is worth the 3 - 400 bucks it cost. I went a year with out one and will never never never go back to a deck without one.

8. GrassmasterB

GrassmasterB LawnSite Member
    from Florida

thanks everybody.

finercuts, its all about the finished product. i think ive seen every mower in my area. and ive run a few of them. currently i also have a toro wb and hustler mini z. and nothing cuts like a walker. yes, i did buy it for my high end residential yards as well as my own. its only used 3 days a week.

pclawncare, thanks for the feedback on the height adjusters. i gonna get them, i just have to put some money back in the bank. my only regret was not getting the all terrain tires. my dealer was going to swap them for free, since i all ready had the low pros, but i chickened out thinking they would be too aggressive.

9. Toad

Toad LawnSite Senior Member

Nice lookin machine.

My question is why are so many things options on these mowers. ie, nice comfortable seat with armrests, speed increaser, and a deck height adjuster since when is that an option? These features are industry standard in most mowers. Is it the price?

10. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Not on a walker $$$$$$$ which is why id rather just get a Z with a bagger. Only feature on a walker that makes them worth it is the hi-dump if you do alot of bagging.