My lawn care flyer, what do you think?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by clean_cut, Jul 4, 2009.

1. clean_cut

clean_cut LawnSite Bronze Member

I made this lawn care flyer on Powerpoint, but converted it to jepg, tell me what you guys think? Anything I need to change?

I'm thinking about printing of around 10 of these in color, and doing the rest of them in black and white, do you think I should change my entire design for that?

Thanks in advance.

Lawn Care Flyer 2.jpg
  2. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

I think you need to learn how to proof read first.
  3. Icepuck72

Icepuck72 LawnSite Senior Member

spell check, and I don't know if you really need to put your age in there either.
  4. Yes, def need to proof read. I would also take out the fact you are 14. It's great that a youngster is ambitious, but it may turn away people right away from the flyer b/c they make think you are too young.....just my opinion....
  5. bighaydenslawn

bighaydenslawn LawnSite Senior Member

Ditto, and might be a bit busy for my taste. Keep your age off and just put your biz name, slogan, services, and number.
  6. astrohip

astrohip LawnSite Member

Jacob... looks like you spent some effort on your flyer. I admire your hard work, and wish you good luck.

A few thoughts:

* I don't like the very top, the orange and green with white letters in the background. It's too busy. Either the white letters or the green letters would be ok, but not both.

* The top left side phrase "14 years old with over four five..." doesn't make sense.

* Near the bottom above your phone # you say " Well mow you yard...". It should be "We'll" with an apostrophe, not "Well".

* I agree with the others about your age. I'm not sure I'd show it either, but OTOH if I hired someone and a 14 yr old showed up, I might be upset. You need a way to show you are a teen, and a hard-working one, without making it too "in-your-face". Maybe mention you are a teen, but not your exact age?

Good luck!
  7. MSlawnBoy

MSlawnBoy LawnSite Member

Very nice young man! I admire your work ethic and the desire to build your business.

Let's fix a few things, shall we?

First, I would put you phone number at the top under your co. name.

Top left corner. Remove the part about being 14 years old and correct the part the says four five.......replace with something like..."I have over 4 years of experience mowing in area neighborhoods.

Next.....bottom right.....change Well to We will......double and triple check all of your spelling before getting this printed.

Rock on young tiger!! :cool2:
  8. clean_cut

Yeah, this was sorta a rough draft, so I'll proof read and change those things, I completley agree with you though, If they hire me, thinking I'm an adult, and I show up as a kid, I don't think that they would like that much.

I'll try to make it simpler too. Thanks for the replys, I'll try to get a new one up in a sec.
  9. barlowlawncare

barlowlawncare LawnSite Member

except for the errors I like it. I agree you should not have your age just your experience. I dont know what program you used to make it, but I am also in the process of making a brochure for our business and I bought the new microsoft publisher program and it's great! very simple to use and very professional looking! I'm not even half done but here is what i got so far

Attached Files:

10. clean_cut

So how does it look now? I changed the Title to green, but it just looks like too much with the green on the side too. Any other color suggestions?

Lawn Care Flyer 2.jpg