1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

my lawn flyer

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Kingbman1, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Kingbman1

Kingbman1 LawnSite Member

Ok i know im going to get ripped on how someones kid can make a better flyer. This is just a rough draft, i need some input.

Attached Files:

2. Zach76

Zach76 LawnSite Member

You're right. My 3 year old could make a better flyer. j/k LOL. It's not that bad. I'd definitely get your business name on there somewhere though. I figure if 75% of our flyers go into the garbage, at least people will see the name and hopefully remember it. Flyers are all about name recognition for me. That's why I try to get them out 3 or 4 times to the same areas before the season starts.
  3. nclawns

nclawns LawnSite Member
    from Indy

Looks o.k., simple and to the point. How do you plan on distributing the flyers. A typical resposne to flyers is 1% on a good day. We sent out approx. 40,000 full color 2 sided glossy finish flyers last year and landed 6 accounts. Obviously we did not even hit 1% but they still paid for themselves. Also, make sure you send the flyers out about 1 week after the grass has started growing, no sooner.
  4. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks better then mine. They teach you SLUH High boys how to do things right out their. Peace
  5. Kingbman1

Kingbman1 LawnSite Member

Oakville Senior is where i go. Been in the private schools, and rather be in public.
  6. Husker1982

Husker1982 LawnSite Senior Member

Make sure you put on there you are licensed and insured. You are licensed and insured aren't you?
  7. topher924

topher924 LawnSite Member

8. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

Looks clean and to the point. Defininantly need to include your company name/logo, so they remember who sent this to them. If you don't do that, it is a basic advertisement for any old company.
    Other thing, if it was me, I would take out the bi-weekly mention, as I don't really like those customers. It may be more common in your area, but I am trying to stick to weekly mowings.
    Good luck with it, and get those ready so you can start passing them out!
  9. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry thought you went to SLUH. Didnt we beat you in hockey last night?? I wish I was in public.
  10. gator-town

gator-town LawnSite Member
    from bfe

IMO ... I would leave off the "service as low as $__ " as they will all think their yard fits the bill ... if you want to show a price use a range ... low as $25-35$ ... again IMO .