1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

"my lawn is turning brown, whats wrong"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by General Grounds, Jun 24, 2004.

1. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob2: enough already, it hasnt rained here in 3 weeks or better and the lawns are stressing, big time. now the brainiacs are out asking why the lawn doesnt look like it did in april. trying to explain to people that they have to water and the sprinkling there doin simply isnt enough now they just dont get it. i SO need a vaction. tony
  2. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

I can see it know. Get a call from a customer- "hey Lco why isnt my grass green" lco" (silence for a few sec) um mam theirs four feet of snow on the ground" customer "does that affect it?'
  3. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

Getting brown here too.I went from grass growing so fast i couldnt keep up, to thinking about cutting some lawns back to every other week.We need a good rain soon.
  4. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh how I feel your pain, samething happening here in R.I.

FLANDERS LawnSite Member
    from CANADA

I don't consider Eastern Ontario to have alot of rain. but this one lawn that I cut, had patches of about 7 inches in some spots. I hadn't mowed it for 8 days, thinking that with all the heat, it would have dried up. He doesn't do any watering that I know of.
  6. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

Does he have a septic system?
  7. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

spray it with hydratain!
  8. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

You guys can have all our rain if you wan't it, I've been rained out since tues. We've had like 9" in the last 2 weeks!!!!