"My lawn looks like (#*$3"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassyfras, Apr 3, 2006.

1. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

Alright got a customer who has tons of kids on his back wet lawn. It was sodded last year in some areas(about half). Between the kids and the dogs its looking bad. It already had a Pre-emergent put down and they want seed of course. I dont know what to tell them. Could I aerate and topdress with some seed and tell them dont expect much and just allow the topdressing to do the trick. I know the real solution is tell the kids to stay off but what would a sports feild manager do?

2. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

Find a new customer.............

3. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

yea if you cant tell them the truth without them blaming you then just drop them. not worth the headache cause they will complain about every service you do in the future

4. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Yea i kno the type...just explain the situation in a nice way, do the job.

The next time they complain..collect your money and cut them loose

5. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

These people are good nice people. She knows its the kids and the dog. I guess she really just wants to constantly be replacing stuff.

6. LandscapeMasterpieceGA

LandscapeMasterpieceGA LawnSite Member

If the yard has conditions that would allow you to make it healthy without their traffic for a season, offer that as a possibility-if not then they need an alternative groundcover to what they have-IMO

7. General Landscaping

General Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

That's hitting the nail on the head.:clapping:

If you have given the turf good growing conditions and the traffic is too heavy for good appearance.... you have done all you can.

Do you have another turf type available that will better tolerate the conditions?

8. the scaper

the scaper LawnSite Senior Member

If she can constantly pay the price, I would constantly replace whatever she wants. Always milk a cow till she runs dry!:)