1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

My lawn Mower.

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by Magot, May 10, 2005.

1. Magot

Magot LawnSite Member

First off, let me say hi because this is my first post. :)

Any way, I got 2 weeks to get my lawn mower running. It ran fine untill the battery went dead, I knew the battery went dead, but it needed some cleaning and a few other things. So I pulled out the motor and all the wiring. (Stupid me) After cleaning the mower of oil and what not. And scraping the carbon build up off the cylinder head. I put it all back on. But wait. It dont even turn over now!!! :angry: So I am like WTF. So I try to jump it off my car. Positive on the starter and negitive to the ground. It starts to turn over. :cool2: Oh Ya, Go Me. But wait, It never starts up. :realmad: What do you think could be wrong. I think I am missing a ground wire. I need to chek friday.

I would also like to know if there is a simple wireing job I can do. I dont want any of the safty switchs and such. So if you have a diagram of the things that HAVE to be there, plus the lights. Then thanks.

Please help. :help:
  2. Magot

Magot LawnSite Member

O, By the way, My tracter is a 18HP Briggs and stration motor. It is a Power craft mower I believe. Thanks
  3. Magot

Magot LawnSite Member

Ok, I see how it is. LOL.

Anyway, I wired up a system to see if it would work. I took a ground from the batterey to the atarter. And then I took a ground from the battery to the frame.Then I took a Hot wire to nowere"No were yet". I rubbed the hot wire with the starter wire and guess what, It turned over. :cool2: But if you know me, you know Nothing goes right without suffering. My ground wires started smokeing and the rubber started melting off the frickin wires. :mad: So We came to the conclusion that the wire I am useing wont hold the amount of current passing throw it.

Any other ideas
  4. Magot

Magot LawnSite Member

:blob3: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, You wait till you see my mower, it pulls wheelies like nothing. Now that the motor runs. (thanks for the help AssHoles). With a 15 inch pullie on the motor, Man it hauls. Well, thanks for the help you dint give me. But I came through and was able to make the perade deadline.

5. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

Where's the Admins when you need one. :)
  6. mosmgras

mosmgras LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Somebody give that man a tissue. :cry: