My lawn signs keep disappearing, anyone else?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Yarden Of Eden, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Yarden Of Eden

Yarden Of Eden LawnSite Member

So I have been putting up lawn signs on various intersections near stop signs, not on private property, unless its a property I maintain, and I have permission. These signs are no more prevalent than a garage sale sign.
    It never fails, I can put one up, and in 1-2 weeks they disappear. At first I thought it was garage salers stealing them to paint and use as their own, but there are other signs from businesses in other industries that are left untouched in the same intersections...
    So now I'm wondering if I have a competitor taking them? I am not a large company and have not made enemies with anyone the few years I have been doing this. I like my lawn signs because I get a good amount of calls from them, but its frustrating to lose so many when they run about 20 bucks each to have my full color logo on them.
    Any one else have this problem?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Texas Lawn

Texas Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

i think you are lucky to even get 1-2 weeks before they get stolen

3. tuffram

tuffram LawnSite Senior Member

They have been stealing my door magnets off my trucks for years now those babies are not cheap.

4. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

It's one thing to steal a sign on public property (not right in the first place...) but to steal a business magnet off a persons truck is way past the sign stealing problem. That's messed up.

5. Yarden Of Eden

Yarden Of Eden LawnSite Member

I've been thinking of having in small print on the bottoms: "Theft of this sign is a crime and will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law" won't cost me any extra, and you can't see it unless you are stealing it
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. tuffram

tuffram LawnSite Senior Member

Tell me about it I have had the stolen off my truck while I was cutting a customer’s yard the truck right in front of the house. The signs were on the truck while I was cutting the front yard then I went to cut the back yard when I finished and came back to the truck they were gone.

7. TNGrassCutter

TNGrassCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

I have lost a few. I think it is the part timer/ weekend guys who think its funny. Luckily mine only coat about $7 a piece.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

although i feel bad for you in a way, those signs are just eye sores and inmost ciites illegal(maybe not yours, but here they are). i find them unprfessional and i dont know anyone who would call one from an intersection. curious, do you get regular customers out of these or one timers etc?

9. Raymond S.

Raymond S. LawnSite Senior Member

You need to find someone to do them for about $1.50/sign. Usually you can order them online for $125-$135 for 100 single sided one color 18x24.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL, or 2 days!