My Lesco 48" is not striping...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Cashio13, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Cashio13

Cashio13 LawnSite Member

I have read a bunch of threads on this site, which i am addicted too, about how many peoples Lesco 48" stripes beautifully. I cannot get mine to stripe. I have gator mulching blades on it, keep them sharp, and the deck is aligned. Is there anything else i can be doing? Also, i think i am going to make a striping roller out of some boat trailer wobble rollers and some hardware. I ran some numbers and this will probably cost me $100 compared to the $300+ one that big league lawns offers. Let me know what everyone thinks of this...I am stumped!

2. LHSlawnman86

LHSlawnman86 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

What height are you cutting at?

Mike

3. Cashio13

Cashio13 LawnSite Member

at the lowest 3" and up

4. A-Land

A-Land LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Cashio13,

Why are you cutting so low?

I'm in Ipswich by the way. What do you have for a rig? Maybe I've seen you

5. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

Get rid of your gators. I have found that I get a much better stripe with high lifts. The only time I use gators are for spring and fall cleanup with the bagger.

6. FIREMAN Q

FIREMAN Q LawnSite Senior Member

I run a 52" lesco and the high lift blades make a big difference we find.

7. Cashio13

Cashio13 LawnSite Member

well i actually just figured out my stripes today..i checked the manual, took the blades off and put them on again and the blade measures 3 1/2" off the ground. So in order to check i mowed my lawn today and the stripes came out beautiful. However, i have been in Ipswich a few times this summer cutting a property up on great neck. I drive a maroon 2002 Dodge Dakota Sport towing a 13' trailer with a Husqvarna 36" and a Lesco 48". C&T Landscaping on the side. Phone Numbers on the bed. How bout you?

8. Cashio13

Cashio13 LawnSite Member

thanks for the info though..ill have to test that out with some high lifts.

9. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

blades dont have anything to do with striping, ya they'll put out a better cut but thats it. if u want to strip put the rear of the deck higher then the front. thats how u strip. i have no idea where u guys r getting the idea about blades striping.

10. A-Land

A-Land LawnSite Senior Member

2007 Gray Doublecab Toyota Tacoma, 48" Scag, 5 x 8 Trailer. Where up on great neck? I worked up there a lot last year but let those accounts go to keep my route tighter. I stay more in downtown Ipswich and out toward Rt 1, and then toward Hamilton.

I don't remember seeing your truck before. What do you run for handhelds? We probably go to the same dealer depending on what you run. We run Echo trimmers and recently started changing over to Redmax... although the closest dealer is in NH lol