My lesco rep "resigned"

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by all ferris, May 18, 2005.

1. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

I called lesco today and found out that my local lesco rep resigned. I'm upset because he was (still is) very knowledgeable. I guess I will have to hope that they replace him with another "good guy" or look at my other options. Unfortunately there aren't too many other options.

I'm pi$$ed.

2. stryper

stryper LawnSite Member
    from IL

uh, oh, not the guy in Collinsville, I hope! If so, that's two from that store in the past year. Even though I'm starting to feel a little more confident about what I need when, from my amateur's point-of-view, I really like having those guys around.

This could be a disaster... :dizzy:

3. Green Dreams

Green Dreams LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

My main man here jumped ship yesterday too. Do I see a pattern going here?

4. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Over the past 4 years, I've had 6 reps at the store that I run out of.

It's nothing.

I'm sure they get job opportunities (golf course supers) or other competitors offer them jobs, or could be they just want out of the green industry and move to another industry.

I know it's nice to deal with the same people, where you can call them up, say who you are and they basically know what you want before you even ask, but life goes on.

5. kaufmaninc

kaufmaninc LawnSite Member

Me three!!! Just got a load of fert from him and the next thing you know, I got a call from Collinsville telling me he resigned. I thought he did an excellent job with Customer care. Everytime I'd call, usually first thing in the morning, he answered and he know it was me. Now that makes a little guy feel good.

6. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

uh...not exactly. when our rep quit he told us it was beuase of company policies. they were splitting districts, and restructuring the payout and making it harder and harder for the reps to make money.

7. lawnservice

lawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

uh oh, with all the lesco reps quiting a LCO just might need to learn agronomics themselves????

yeah, i'm being sarcastic!

drives me nuts when a 'professional' needs to run to a sales person for answers!

8. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

Drives me nuts when a 'professional' needs to be a smart ass and has absolutely nothing of substance to add to an intelligent conversation.

9. FINN

FINN LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA.

Good sales people in most any industry are expected to provide answers/solutions/options for their customers. It's what makes the better ones standout. Much the same way a LCO provides answers to its cutomers.

10. Mgardner

Mgardner LawnSite Member

More and more and more I spend time online reading pesticide labels. My Lesco guy moved on too. He was on top of it and helped me in the early stages but now its a different senario. Got wind they ( Lesco) is going to general public for increased sales. I hope that not a fact. If it is they will be hurting the professional side of the industry simply by equiping walk-ins with professional grade pesticides just to get the sale. And how many walk ins have a clue? A few at best. Just my thoughts.