1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

my lil pick up truck

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Brianslawn, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

after being on order for 2 months i finally got it. 2006 Ford F-550, 6.0, 6 sp, 4x4, 4.88 limited slip rear, cd, tilt, cruise, up-fitter switches, trailer brake controler, dual alternators, 30,000# towing, 200" WB so i can put a 12' dump bed on it.
  2. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice! I'd have gotten a Chevy though, just my .002.
  3. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

AWSOME....is that your only truck? That thing is SWEET. You can carry serious amounts of topsoil with that (once you put a dump body on it of course)
  4. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Holy chit. That's a looooooooong truck. and it will be a couple feet longer with the bed installed!

It will go anywhere, you just won't be able to park it!!!
  5. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

That is bad! I just would hate to pay the mortgage on that thing!
  6. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

mkwl how would you know you arent even 16 yet......have you ran chevys and fords?? Prolly not......

Brianslawn that is one bad ass truck.....how much did it cost (if you dont want to answer that thats cool)
  7. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

i got 2500 in rebates and 1500 trade for an 84 ford. price after those were subtracted and sales tax was added was 43. also got ford esp for additional 2700. that extends drivetrain warranty to 5 yrs 75k miles. powerstroke warranty is 5/100k. everything else is 3/36k.

40/20/40 vinly seats and plastic floor for easy cleaning. skid plates in case i run over an suv! going to put power inverter inside wired to battery and big brush guard on front. still got to dig through sofa for enough to put on 12' aluminum dump bed. :D

at least insurance is almost the same each year as my 97 ranger.

its over 7' tall and right now 25' long! the tires have 95psi in them!

thanks for all the complements guys. ive been lookin through the pics on here past few months and have seen a lot of really cool rides. i'll post more when i get everything on it.

oh... i got tired of pulling engines out of chevys every year, and my ranger has never let me down. new big brother is same color inside and out as ranger.
  8. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Brian, one word man SWEET.

I'll agree with everyone else that thing is bad ass man & good luck with it.

BTW, It does not matter if it's a Ford, Chevy or Doge they all have good and bad points.

9. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

The dump bed will run you another 5000-7000k. What kind are you going to get?
  10. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Great looking truck Brianslawn............. Very good choice with a FORD :D