My little buisness.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by MattsMowing3535, Aug 11, 2006.

1. MattsMowing3535

MattsMowing3535 LawnSite Senior Member

Hi,
    I probly shouldve put this post up first to tell people about myself. Im 15 years old and will be driveing in the spring. As of a couple weeks ago I owned 2 toro 21" mowers. But one died to to an oiling problem :(. I got them both for free and fixed the engine/deck to get them running nice! As sad/funny as it sounds. I have a aprox. 3X5 trailier (homebuilt all wood with a 300 pound axel) And I pull it all around with a moterizied scooter ive rebuilt/fixed I am ashamed (bad spelling) That I have such a cheap buisness :( But It pays well and soon I hope to buy a 1996 Toro Proline 44" mower! And Then in the spring if I can saveing my shovaling money I hope to buy a small truck or jeep and a small trailer so I can expand my buisness of currently 5 regular accounts and about 5 others for vaction/speical notice mowing. I think that I have a good start and I want to set a goal to be insured/Registered/Paying taxes by the end of next summer possibly. I have no idea how to get insured or registered at my age but want to so I can pick up some larger accounts or maybe a commercail one! I have a small 4 complex place that I may be able to mow next year. This is how I started and I havent gotten to the next stage in it yet. I hope to proggress to one of the great pro's on this site someday. I hope to learn much from everyone on this site and will post pictures of my (Extremly funny!) setup sometime once I get the scooter painted so it looks a little better.

Matt.

2. zak406

zak406 LawnSite Bronze Member

We all have to start somewere. At least your trying un like many kids your age. Most of them are sitting on there fat asses playing video games 24/7.

3. Fordsuvparts

Fordsuvparts LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like a cool setup for being just 15. Everyone has to start somewhere, I agree with zak406 most kids your age are playing video games and playing on the internet all day. Good luck with your business. Remember that only a few of the people on this site started with the best of everything, and most of us have worked our way up in to newer and better trucks and equipment. I started at age 14 with a chain saw a weed eater( the really cheap one) a few hand tools, my mom would drive me to jobs during the summer and then my mom would bring our families truck to haul off the brush or trash and pick me up.

4. GaryFenza

GaryFenza LawnSite Member

sounds alright to me.......Me and My friends had some accounts last year, we made some decent money, but working with a Partner, you have to split the money, and no one really wants to do that, hehe. i did tree work all over the summer with my Uncle....now that was HARD labor in Terrifying temperatures. So im thinkging about gettting the business up and running again, im 16 with a Drivers Permit, i'll have my license in January. See what happens

good luck

5. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

when i was your age i had a 38 or 42" craftsmen hydrostatic tractor mower, and i pulled a trailer behind it with push mowers and weedeaters through my little town... had a couple run-ins with the cops, but for the most part they let me go...

i have grown my business now.. and i hope everything works out for your business also..

6. lawnstriper23

lawnstriper23 LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like your heading in the right direction. Good luck............

7. huh

huh LawnSite Senior Member
    from Lubbock

don't think like that kid.....hold your head high!!!

you are 15 you can't have 100% the best, but you can work to get there

show us a pic of your rig :) and keep it up and hold your head high!!!:usflag:

8. MattsMowing3535

I had to take the sides of my trailer a couple weeks ago. So the rig is kinda gone. Im getting a WB soon and a trailer. Ill take pictures then.

9. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

its alwasy great to start small-learn-then grow and youll know a lot about landscpaign and business... good job so far

i want to see some pictures of the scooter and the trailer

10. MattsMowing3535

Ya ill get some tommarrow ill put the sides back on
    looks better with them :)