1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

My little new KW Dump Truck

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by msloop77, Mar 19, 2006.

1. msloop77

msloop77 LawnSite Member

Just bought a new to me 1995 Kenworth T-800 dump truck.
    10 wheel with a demo rock body on it. We have only hauled snow so far, but hope to hire a full time driver and run it 40 plus hours a week starting in a few weeks. Hope the pics work. mark

2. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice! How many miles does it have on it, also what did you pay for it if you dont mind me askin....
  3. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

Keep on building the business.

4. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

awesome truck nice KW.
  5. msloop77

msloop77 LawnSite Member

1995 KW. 550,000 miles. It was a road tractor-removed fifth wheel and it was turned into a dump truck. About $35,000 plus all of the maintenance I had to do on it after purchase.
    Fix heater, bump stop, wiper mount, mud flaps, and so on. thanks, for the comments. mark
  6. msloop77

msloop77 LawnSite Member

Here are a few more pictures of the dump truck. We have had a pretty big snow year 05/06. The ski mountain has had over 400 inches of snow this year. Anybody want to move to Steamboat Springs, Co and drive this Kenworth for $15.00 an hour and maybe a discounted place to stay for the summer. mark

7. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

Nice lookin' rig! Just couldn't pass this "heads-up" along to ya...happened the last two days.
    A friend hired a driver. His 2nd day this guy backs up and slides off the road with a full load. Brought in a dozer, a track hoe, and semi-wrecker and pulled him out. Charged him donuts and coffee.
    The very next day the same driver with a full load stopped at a stop sign....put it in reverse and floored it....backed over a car filled with people.
    Be most careful and particular about drivers.....anyways, thought I'd share that little adventure...
  8. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

Wow drivers come cheap there.. We can hardly get a guy to mow for $15 an hour.
  9. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

ill mow for 15$ an hour as long as i can support my family when i get older. well any ways that is horrible that driver must have been fired. my dads only got into 3 accidents in 30 years of trucking.
  10. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

I could make about $35.00 per hour drivin dump truck around here....I have been thinkin about buying one. Owner/operators make about $75.00 per hour here.:usflag: