My logo and My Business

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by GrassMastersKS, Jan 7, 2008.

1. GrassMastersKS

GrassMastersKS LawnSite Member

Ive been mowing for 2 years now and this year i created GrassMasters, LLC. I've put roughly $1700 this year. A two year old 6x17 tandam trailer ($1150,fresh paint, great steal). 1000 business cards and the logo below, and shirts on the way. As for equipment im a little short with a 21" toro commercial, 3 21" used residential mowers and a 38" 2004 riding huskee mower (yes, huskee, but it was 300 and runs). Last year my profit was split almost evenly between mowing and minor landscaping. Last year i was not legal and i averaged 10 lawns a week. This year i have all past 10 clients ready to go already. Im hoping to gain 15 lawns (25 total) and grow primarly the mulching and retaining wall side of my landscaping. All my equipment is paid off, and this year my goal is to bring a 'professional look' and target the teachers in my school through their personal bullitons (already worked out) and the upper-class houses in my community. I have to do this while focusing on football and school (im a junior and have offers to play at KU, KSU, Duke and if i can keep the grades up Stanford is on its way). I love the sport but i love business like no other. I was curious to ask how some of you started off, and wonder if i am possibly over my head?, please do answer, if im to make this thing grow i need to learn from some pros :usflag:. Thank you.

2. GrassMastersKS

This is GrassMaster, LLC

Busines Cards.jpg

GrassMaster Logo.jpg

3. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

I like your logo and good luck :weightlifter:

4. backtobasicslawncare

backtobasicslawncare LawnSite Member
    from TN

yea nice logo!

5. GrassMastersKS

Alright, thank you. Now Bigw, i read a post where you've dished about 50k into just starting. Im young and optimistic so ill bet on you to succeed, but im wondering how many lawns you plan on servicing this season?

6. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Dang, you make those stripes with the 38" Huskee?

7. KCLandscape

KCLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

No matter what... sign with KU!!!
    Nowhere to go but down :)

8. GrassMastersKS

Haha, that photo was put on there to show "great professionalism". Hopefully ill be able to do that next season, but by then i hope to be passing on the company, selling it or something else. Basically, its for looks.

9. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

cool logo...good luck

10. GrassMastersKS

Hey, KS Grasscutter, im in newton, just next door. I was wondering how well off you are in Hutchinson? last week i completed a tree removal job there after your ice storm.