My Main Thread

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by EagleLandscape, Mar 27, 2008.

1. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

I am gonna try and consolidate most of my pictures (unless its irrigation specific of course) into one thread for my company on the L/S section of this site.

Here is the URL of the page in case anyone wants to see what we are up to.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=221856

:usflag::usflag:

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

You know it's only going to get hijacked. :p

3. EagleLandscape

Stay away!

4. Will you be able to store all your maintenance equipment at the place you are building?

5. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Is everything in TX built on slab?

6. No but we do have a lot of slab here. Lots of pier and beam as well. I would buy a pier and beam house before a slab. No basements here or at least very few.

7. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Interesting, the only slabs around here are either commercial or at the beach.

8. My house will built in 1955 and is pier and beam. Had a chlordane treatment to ward off termites when built. Some of the early houses around here were built on Beaus D'arc? stumps which last forever. Also repel roaches. I live near a historic street in Richardson that has some neat old houses. In 1956 only 500 people lived in Richardson. Check us out on the map and you'll see some major urban sprawl.

9. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know if we have ANY slab homes here. Either full basement, crawlspace, or partial crawlspace. And I've done some plumbing taps in some seriously nasty crawlspaces. Never again. Last real bad one was probably 8-10 years ago.

I did one where it was so covered in spiderwebs (afraid of spiders) and dust, that it took an hour for me to get my courage up to go in. I took everything in so I wouldn't have to go in again, made one guy stay at the door opening and told him to drag me out by my feet if I freaked out. This was before I was working for myself. I have turned down going into 6 or so since then.

10. EagleLandscape

Yah its concrete slab. And yes, I'm building a 1500-2000 sq ft building to store my maintenance stuff there. It will also have an overhang to store trailers and other equipment outside.
    This new space will really help my company grow, as I am operating out of my garage right now, which has also spilled over into my backyard... :(

Every new construction is basically built on slab nowadays. There are different types though, elevated slab, or slab on grade. I am doing a slab on grade. From there you have waffle slab, waffle with piers, no waffle... etc. Post tension, rebar... etc.
    If I chose piers, I would need 47 piers at a minimum of like 11-12 ft deep. I opted out of that one and went post tension waffle slab.

Attached Files: