1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

My Masterchute Experiance

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LAWNGODFATHER, Jun 28, 2003.

1. He's how it came, after I took it out of the box and laid it out to be redy to install.

master chute 1.jpg
  2. Mower before install.
    Sorry for the dirty mower when I installed it. Came in on a rain out.

master chute 2.jpg
  3. After 2 carrage bolts, 2 lock nuts, and 2 washers, it's on in less than 30 seconds.

master chute 3.jpg
  4. Another look from the top.

master chute 4.jpg
  5. Another shot but down.

Also I noticed after it was installed, the nuts and bolts that the flap pivoits on needed to be loosened so they would not bind while it's moving.

master chute 5.jpg
  6. Another one while up.

I found to make it go 45 degrees down it was easier to lower all the way then raise it to what position I wanted it to stop at.

It goes down ever so fast.

master chute 6.jpg
  7. And I went with the foot switch.

Easy as pie to hook up.

Red = Positive +

Black = Negative -

2 wires that attach right to your battery with fused protection.

The other part of the wire loom has a molenex plug that only plugs in 1 way to the actuator.

Drill 2 small holes screw in the screws for the foot switch and whala you are done. Only holes that are made.

Took me 3.5 minutes with reading the directions before instillation.

If you noticed, I wrote with a red paint pen "UP" on the up side of the switch..... Big help.

It's been in use for a few weeks now, and has gotten used to using it, so far the thing has saved many minutes that add up to hours. Less stuff getting in beds.

I have used OCDC's before but this one really makes it easy to use. And you will used it.

I also chose the solid one so less blow out.

master chute 7.jpg
  8. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

My only concern would be if a low branch hit the actuator, how would it hold up? How long have you had the masterchute and how do you like it so far?
  9. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Looks like you mow a lot in the rain or at least wet grass like we do. I will be curious to see how it holds up in less than perfect weather. Keep us posted, I may look into one of these.
  10. Had the "low branch" problem already, turned out, the guy who uses the mower the most, kept hitting the switch with his foot.

Once he was aware of it, didn't happen anymore.

Yup it has been wet, very hard to keep mowers clean, been spending a lot of hours cleaning them once a week.

It has held up perfect so far, I think it has been close to a month now.

Something I will throw out that might not be asked; I think the actuator has limit switched built into it, I don't hear any motor whining if you keep on the switch. Seems like it will protect the motor from burning up.

The guys love it, can't get them to use the DC factory one.

I think the solid one fits my needs better than the slotted one.

Check it out www.materchute.com

I will get more.

I will add some pics in different positions soon.