My Material for flyers - Check it out

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Superiorlandscaping, Dec 31, 2002.

1. Superiorlandscaping

Superiorlandscaping LawnSite Member
    from Ma

I purchased several thousand of those full sized yellow envelopes. In each I am going to put my Color Flyer. Then I am going to add a copy of my Mission statement, services performed, and what sets me apart statements. Then I am going to throw in a few pens, magnets and business cards. What I throw in will depend on the neighbor i am releasing them to. For instance, higher end neighbor hoods will recieve more junk in the envelope. Anyways let me know what you think of this material.

Attached Files:

2. BigMike

BigMike LawnSite Member

I think your Flyer idea is great...very professional and informative. It shows that you are eager about what you do! It seems like you're trying to either market to commercial business and upscale neighborhoods. I think these are great markets. Since you were so open about your flyer idea, I'm in a sharing mood...

So, here's my flyer design. I am targeting neighborhoods right now...middle-class, upscale, and small commercial are all fair game. I'll hang these from 1000 or so door knobs in mid February.

Thanks Lawnsite,
    Mike

3. BigMike

BigMike LawnSite Member

Here ya go...

Attached Files:

4. beck

beck LawnSite Senior Member

superior- will these be mailed or passed out door to door?
    I once received an envelope with something in it(other than paper), but i was not sure what so i ignored the rest of the mail and opened that immediately. It was a pen from NEBS advertising department. It did what they said it got my attention.

I have yet to try this but I have always remembered it.
    My other thought is you may not want to overload them with too much info, most people will not want to spend too much time reading.

5. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Hey BigMike...Cool flyer.

Can I offer some constructive criticism?? (Well I will anyway.:D ) In your flyer, inst4ead of saying the lawn will brown if the blades are not sharp, tell them ie.. The Grass blade does not heal properly and without a clean cut, an entrance wound is left for parasites and disease to enter.

Most anyone knows to have sharp blades, you are not really telling them anything new. Try to impress them with things they dont know.

Instead of applying a 'winterizer', tell them something high in Phosphorous as to promote strong rooting and food reserves for the long winter ahead.

Tell them why it is bad for the lawn to cut off more than 1/3 of the grass blade.

Dazzle them with your knowledge..Stand out from every other Joe with a truck and a mower.....I can guarantee your flyers will be that much more effective.

6. devildog

devildog LawnSite Senior Member
    from sc

Superior, very well done. Can you get that down to front and back (on one page). Just a tab bit long winded... with regards,
    devildog

7. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Superior, check it for mispelled words and wording. There were too many to go over, so just check it out again when you get a chance, or have someone proof read a copy for you and mark any concerns. Then you can go back and change them.

8. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Too lengthy. That's just my opinion. Also, throwing in pens and magnets are going to be more expensive than you may think. Promotional material gets to be expensive. Maybe include them when people call for quotes. To start handing out 1000's of pens and magnets will cost way too much for the return. I don't think they will make someone call you just because you included it anyways. I think you are on the right track, but a little too lengthy and not economically practical.

Once you start getting all this stuff put together, the large envelope, the paper and printing, the pens and magnets, and then the cost of the mailing on this stuff, it'll be over $5 per envelope.

9. BigMike

BigMike LawnSite Member

Thanks for the constructive criticism...I should have posted this message before getting 1,000 copied! My excitement got the best of me.... I think your input would have definately caused me to edit this flyer before production. How do you think this flyer will do in middle-class to upper-classs neighborhoods?

10. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

I'm considering using calender magnets and like the idea of only handing them out after the estimate is done. This may impress them enough to close the deal. Very good idea.