My Mini Hustler

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Lawn Enforcement FM, Mar 8, 2006.

1. Lawn Enforcement FM

Lawn Enforcement FM LawnSite Member

I am the proud new owner of a Mini Z with the 44 deck and a 19 Kaw. I was able to acquire it on a trade with my dealer,(story is over in the Just starting in the business section) and I feel like I made a good deal and corrected a mistake I had made back in Jan. It is nice to have a Z hat I can actually use on my properties that I have service instead of one sitting pretty on the trailer because it was too big since I am only getting Quarter to half acre properties with big houses and most have pools. I have a couple of questions:

A. Will mulching blades work with a Quickchute effectively or is it better to go with the factory mulching kit. All my accounts are St Augustine or Bahia.

B. How much have the flex forks been tested? I know people shy away from new brands and parts and I want to make sure of quality beforing ordering.

C. Does Hustler make a 21" commercial grade WB? I will be adding a 34" Z and will also need to replace my homeowners Toro 21 as soon as it craps out.
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

A) The Qwikchute will work great for what it is intended for quick closure of the chute for working around areas that you do not want to blow grass or debris in. it is not meant to be a mulching plate, the mulching action of the mower will only work well if it has all the baffles in the deck (3) and mulching blades.
    B) We tested with over 100 end users last season, and the Flex Forks come with a 2 year warranty to back them up.
    C) Unfortunately we do not offer anything smaller than a 32" unit in a gear drive wb, and a 36" in the Trimstar hydro wb.