My Money Mailer Ad

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by LushGreenLawn, Feb 16, 2007.

1. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Hey Guys,
    This is the rough draft for my money mailer ad. Money Mailer is a popular ad delivery service in my area, kind of like a bunch of large postcards in an envelope. The stipulation is you have to offer a coupon. That is what makes so many people open it.

The coupon is going to change, they put in a defult coupon because I have not decided what the offer is going to be yet.

Also, yes, I did steal the line from a thread on lawnsite, but the person who wrote it said it was up for grabs.

This is my first time posting an attachment, hopefully it goes through

Attached Files:

2. Birdjr

Birdjr LawnSite Senior Member
    from nnj

good luck with it. we ran the money mailer ad 2 years ago hands down worst advertising we did. For the money ur better off handing out 10,000 fliers or postcards to houses that u wanna target.Try the local newspaper. Everyone that called were the cheapest people i ever gave estimates to.

3. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

What is the cost?

4. Birdjr

from nnj

I paid around $800 a mailing which is for one month. they re sent out every month around the 4th i think.

5. echeandia

One mailing cost $800? How many houses?

6. Birdjr

from nnj

I think it was 10,000.

7. echeandia

Wow.

LushGreen, Is that what they are charging you?

8. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

I am paying $275 per 10,000. Everything costs more above the bridge.

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

That is a great looking ad. I hope you DO do well. However, I must say,...the bit about the free fert. ap is a bit too much. Sometimes, if you put a gimmick in there, and it is too extreme sounding, it can actually do the opposite and work against you by scaring people away. And yes,...a fert. ap, though not costing that much, might screw other things up with them, as if they have another fert. service, this keeps this offer totally worthless. Now, if you doing fert. aps and ONLY fert. aps, then that would be a different story. It does have some pluses to it, though.

10. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

Done it once, Key word "ONES".............Mistake.................save ur money