1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

my most recent job!!!

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Junior M, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

well here are some pics of the most recent job me and my dad did..... it was thirteen feet from the bottom of the track and to the top of the pool wall

got to go run an electric service with the father will post the rest of the after pics later!!

2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

That's one deep small pool!
  3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Gotta love playing in the dirt!!
  4. Junior M

actually ron it was one of the shallower pools we have ever backfilled..... only bout five or six foot deep but it had a really wide deep end, two maindrains in the bottom if that gives you any idea how big it is... but most of the pools are six or eight feet deep....

this one pool had three foot shallow ends on both ends with a little tiny deep end in the middle......
  5. kreft

kreft LawnSite Bronze Member

Cool pics!
  6. Junior M

ok well since i am still waiting on "beavis" what everyone calls my dad......

i am goin to upload the finish pics of this job......... oooo yeah forgot to add we not only backfilled this pool but we dug the retaining wall out for the guy... and thats what theses pics show with the finish grade ready for concrete.......

there are a few more to post but have got to get off for now cuz we are getting one of those bad afternoon storms.......

1) what i did with a walk behind mtl..
    2)is the finish product
    3)if you look in this pic you can see the bent pipe that is water line my dad hit... wasnt anybodies fault cuz he told us we would hit it and it was no big deal becuz it was suppose to be done already and if it wasnt done when we got there then we could go ahead and dig.....
    4)finish product
    5)finish product

7. Bleed Green

Bleed Green LawnSite Bronze Member

So are you guys just going to knock that other side down more and finish grade everything now? It looks like there is going to be a lot of dirt to truck off.
  8. Junior M

we tried to talk the guy into letting us do that but he insisted on renting a walk behind mtl and using and he also said his neighbors also wanted some of the dirt..

and if you notice in the last pic we dug the wall footer all the way out so the wall would just dissappear where i had done all the purty work with the walk behind mtl
  9. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

What kind of reatining wall materials is the home owner wanting?
  10. Junior M

we didnt build the wall but he buried 6x6 posts and some how put up tongue and groove 1x6 up... i dont know i havent seen it since we rolled out.... but my dad went back the other day to turn the pool on and thats what he said it was... i dont know but i think the wall will be dyed red from all the red clay cuz he didnt put any drainage.. ooo and i found out he built the wall right up against what we dug....

do it yourselfers!! hahahahahaha