my mother is dying, i can't pay the bill

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Sep 2, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i have a client whom, needs to be reminded every month to pay her bill. well, i'm fed up at this point. i'm adding clients daily, and i'm done with her. i sent a cancelation notice. she called and said, "i'm sorry, my mother is dying of cancer. please don't cancel me. i'll get caught up sooner or later." this lady has been late on her bill, every month, for 2 years. she has a 20 year old son, and a husband who can cut the grass. would you cancel her?

2. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

nice made up story. You need to get a life. :sleeping: :sleeping:

3. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

is she late 1 month or 2 when u call does she send a check?
    if she does let it slide till the end of the season
    is she doesent boot her

4. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

if really dying,id let slide till end of the season, pretty soon, just not renew...

when my mom got sick and died, it cost us thousands in nursing homes, paid a fortune for the trips to dialisis..... then the cost of the funeral.... whole thing cost my dad and i around 60 thousand.....

5. bobbygedd

from NJ

well, here are my thoughts.....you know i have a big heart , just look, here it is >. BUT, why don't they cut thier own grass? why don't they ask for minimal service, which may fit thier budget better? instead, she insists on the full pkg (gotta keep up with her neighbors). i cancelled

6. bugspit

bugspit LawnSite Senior Member

7. bobbygedd

from NJ

8. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

my customers are always on time,and i have no problems at all with them.... but i may someday, and these post make me try and think how will i react if they do happen, makes me grow as a business man without the actual grief...

9. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

that is great but do u have that many yet?
    wait till u get a 100 or 150 of them u will get to hear some real great storys why they cant pay lol
    some make me laff others make me want to use bobbys shovel

10. Mower For Less

Mower For Less LawnSite Senior Member

Did you ask her about her inheritence??? Maybe thats what she is waiting on? :)

(Sorry, didnt mean to offend anybody, but I figured it was OK since it was a BG thread.)

Kevin