1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by David Hartzog, Jul 12, 2000.

1. David Hartzog

David Hartzog Banned

Grasshopper 721D2 52&quot;deck & Bagger for $11,174.00 I need the mower for aeration and dethaching.I haven't seen any thing else that looks as good.Grasshopper has this new aerator it's really cool but i have to buy a new mower it will only work with the new mower see for your self.www.grasshopper.com<br>(what to do) <p><font size="1">Edited by: David Hartzog
  2. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

David, have a cup of coffee and completly redo this post. Sorry to hear about the alzhiemers. Hey they say they may have a vaccine for that in the paper today<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: Charles
  3. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I agree with Charles, take a nap and then edit your post, I have no clue.
  4. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I can make sense of anything, except women.<p>If you get the city contract, yes. Otherwise use guerilla tactics and start with a WB.<p>Unless you have a new truck, your equipment is most likely worth more than it.
  5. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

No, you don't buy an $11,000 52&quot; mower.<p>A $6-7,000 60&quot;+ Mid-mount Z and a $1500 tow-behind aerator should do fine.
  6. David Hartzog

David Hartzog Banned

Grasshopper makes a areator and a out front dethacher but you can't use the older mower it has to be the new style.So i just don't know. I want to provide this service but i don't see anything else that compares.
  7. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

If you ask me I don't think you want to pay 11K for a Grasshopper. Just my opinion. I like Lazers and Scags myself. If I had to buy a ZTR, Exmark's my mower. (sorry Eric, 200 miles is a long way to a Dixie dealer, dad would go biserk)
  8. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Think twice before you invest that kinda money in a Grasshopper. I own a Grasshopper, they ain't worth what they are charging. <p>You could just about buy 2 baby Lazers with 52&quot; decks for that.
  9. Stinger

Stinger LawnSite Senior Member

DAVID: If you have a large enough customer base, or just landed a big commercial account<br>to pay for the hopper in ample time I'd say go for it. The additional attachments available should increase add on services tremendously adding to your bottom line. P.S. It takes money to make money!
  10. You can get a good toro 52&quot; walk behind for about $1500 used.