My mowers value???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TROTTMAN, May 17, 2004.

1. TROTTMAN

TROTTMAN LawnSite Senior Member

I am about to sell my walk behind and I want to get an idea of what I can expect. There are not many used mowers available, and a decent market. Here are the specs...

Its a Bobcat 48" mower. The mower is about 5-6 years old and the paint is decent. The paint is faded, but is still on the deck for the most part except on the outer edges where it has rubbed up on things over the years.

Its a dual hydro mower, and both hydros pull strong.

The engine only has about 1 full season on it, and its a beast. Its a Kohler Command Pro 20hp twin cyclinder engine.

So bascially, a Bobcat 48" hydro fixed-deck walk behind that is about 5-6 years old with a 20 hp twin Kohler engine with one season.

What should I be able to get for this unit? Thanks.

2. TROTTMAN

Anyone know what its worth?

3. youngdude

youngdude LawnSite Member

Dont know but when you get the price PM me, looking to replace my 36 inch with a newer 48.

4. TROTTMAN

I talked to a knowledgeable guy at my local shop. He said $2500. I'm sticking with that for now, since I am in no hurry to sell it (I still need it for a few more weeks/months).

5. TROTTMAN

I also forgot to mention that mowers go for a lot here, so that is why I am asking $2500. A 36" hydro that is older than mine went for $2000 flat. I would take less possibly, but not for now since I still want it for a bit.

It has low hours from what I can tell. Seems everything is in good shape.