My Mowing Season Started today in Eastern NC for me

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mow"N"Bud, Feb 17, 2007.

1. Mow"N"Bud

Mow"N"Bud LawnSite Member

Today 17 Feb 2007 my mowing season started in Coastal NC. I can't believe it. All last week customers were calling saying come mow the grass. We've had good rain, the temps have been in the 50's, 60's and 70's, and the grass has jumped. I can only say that each one who's grass has jumped are customers who I put winterizing fertilizer down for back in the late fall and winter. It just goes to show that if you do the business correctly, it can make you money and kick your season off early. Good luck when yall start your season's.
  2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Wow, that's great for you, such an early start. :)
    We still got a ways to wait, and that's actually good for us. We aren't ready yet. :hammerhead:
  3. ScagBoy09

ScagBoy09 LawnSite Member

Well I still have a foot of snow on the ground, and the furnace is still kicking on every 5 minutes, so I got a while. I love NC, go there every year for the Coca-Cola 600 in Charlotte.
  4. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

you a lucky man, cant wait to get the season started.

GOOD LUCK :)
  5. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

Charlotte, NC we started mowing this week too...............felt good to be back on the mower
  6. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

wilson, nc here.

this past week for us has been busy for us with irrigation
  7. taproot

taproot LawnSite Member

:laugh: It snowed here last night. No mowing in the western part of the state.
  8. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Congrads on the early start up. Its going to be atleast several weeks or longer for mowing to start here. Come on spring time
  9. abuckeye

abuckeye LawnSite Member

Grass, what's that. All I can see is snow.
  10. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member
    Posts: 1,674 starting on monday here too. Good and kinda bad as we still have some other landscaping work to do as well. I never would have thought in Feb. I'd be working 7 days a week. Maybe this is a sign it will be a good season.