my narrowed down choices for new ZTR Advice???

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by dchance, May 22, 2013.

1. dchance

dchance LawnSite Member

yes, thanks. I did demo the Big Dog and Bob Cat. I got to cut with the Bob Cat. Cut great, but rode rough. felt like I was driving 40 mph. The big dog rode really smooth and nice. did not get to cut with it though. I am demoing the Gravely when it comes in on Tuesday.
  2. sprinter

sprinter LawnSite Member

That was my experience as well. I think you'll like the Gravely. Nice and steady and straight. When I drove a Grasshopper, I couldn't make it go in a straight line for anything.
  3. dchance

dchance LawnSite Member

by the eye test. the gravely seems to be better built and more heavy duty. but the Big Dog seem just fine though.
  4. marksj

marksj LawnSite Member

Just thought I would chime in here.I do think the dealer plays a huge part here. I was lookin for a ztr to do around 3 acres.My previous ztr was a Simplicity Champion.I wanted a heavier ztr so I had these choices.
    Ferris great dealer huge inventory
    Gravely small shop not a lot of mowers
    Scag sideline for a trailer shop small inv
    owner going to retire in a year with no plans for shop
    I never cut with a Gravely but have seen one cut .
    I went with the Ferris last year.If it went down dealer would give me a mower to use while repairs were made if needed.I am still not sold on it's cut yet.It is a great smooth mower and holds slopes like a billy goat.Also in my decision was the fact of 0% int for 50 months.I think I will seriously look at the gravely tho if I trade in about 4 years tho.