My Navigator had a baby!!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by flatlander42, May 20, 2010.

1. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

I was kinda thinking '04.....but I was not for sure.

I have a question for you GeorgiaGrass.......I would like to know some measurements of the bed on your cab-over. From the top of the Dovetail to the bottom of the ramp, could you tell me the overall length? Also, could you measure from the ground to the top of where the dovetail begins? I am in the progress of making a bed similar to yours, and would like to make sure my walkers and navigator would make it up the ramp/dovetail easily. Thanks For any help!!

2. flatlander42

Thanks Guys. I sure will put 'er to work!:usflag:

3. Tyler's Lawn Maintenance

Tyler's Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

You don't back it onto the truck?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. flatlander42

why would he need to?

5. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i think it would be ideal to have one of the 48 or 54 in decks with the largest hopper they make and dual tail wheels for bagging season for leaves. i would love to pick up a moderately used walker or navigator for this purpose in the future. i would rather have a dedicated machine that was not too pricey to acquire then have to mess with mounting something and having to install and uninstall all the time.

6. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

maybe I was using Toro's version then. It had a black hopper and red paint...so i was assuming exmark..

7. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Best of both worlds...nice man. Good luck with the Walker. Marcsmith--You're probably right that it was a Toro. Around that time they had a similar concept that I don't believe lasted too long. I believe the Navigator's first year was 04 or 05.

8. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

Sweet mower

9. georgiagrass

georgiagrass LawnSite Senior Member

We have Walkers and had a Navigator until a few weeks ago. There is no need to back it onto the truck. The deck simply pivots upward as you drive onto the ramp. It's a little disconcerting the first time you do it because of the amount of deck deflection, but it's no big deal once you've done it a couple of times. Easy on and off.

10. flatlander42

oh wow.....I completely forgot about this thread.

I sold the little walker a few months ago. I didn't use it like I thought I would, and have been trying to get rid of some things so they just don't age w/o use. The hours are no problem, but the age is what I worry about with resale.