My Navigator had a baby!!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by flatlander42, May 20, 2010.

1. jas1980

jas1980 LawnSite Member

I will not argue that Walkers probably give the best cut quality, but I heard they are the most expensive mowers to maintain and repair.

2. georgiagrass

georgiagrass LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know that I'd agree with the last part of your statement. They are expensive to buy, but I don't think they are that much more expensive to maintain or repair. Besides, what is perfection worth to you? :)

3. NarNar

NarNar LawnSite Senior Member

And now you will put your baby boy to work. Thats what I am talking about! Looks good.

4. Tyler7692

Tyler7692 LawnSite Bronze Member

Why do those types of machines have the controls between your legs? looks unconfortable and in the way to me.

5. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

Go drive one for a few hours....you will not understand until you do. It is nice to be able to drive without pushing forward and very little effort to turn.

See the lever on the right hand side of the seats? Push that lever forward as fast as you want to go and you basically can let go of all the controls and it will go straight. Only use the ones between your legs to gently correct the straightness of your pattern, Until you want to turn. Kinda hard to explain.

They are definitely NOT in the way, you can jump straight off and on very easily.

6. NarNar

I am not too familiar with Walker, but if a mowers maintenance cost is high that is coming out of you pocket. Quality is worth a million dollars, only if the someone can recognize it.

7. Southern Pride

Southern Pride LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Memphis

I can't believe noone has asked, but how much did you pay for the walker? I want one bad, and I want it for cheap lol

8. NarNar

Good question!

Have you used a Walker before Southern Pride? What are your thoughts.

(Sorry didn't mean to hi-Jack your thread)

9. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

I paid and sold it for 2,200.

10. Southern Pride

Southern Pride LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Memphis

No just Navigator 48" 20 horse doing about 60 yards a week. Never sat on a walker but I figure they aren't near as different as everyone makes them out to be.

You sold it? The fact it burn oil scare you or something?? Dang it I want!