" my neighbor is now going to cut lawn"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by williams lcm, Jan 27, 2014.

1. echo

echo LawnSite Bronze Member

If you want to deal with squabblers, great. Sounds like a good fit. Dealing with squabblers ends up costing time and money. They want it done for less or they want extras done while youre there for free. As for me, my prices are fair and there are plenty of good customers to do business with.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  2. echo

Now this is interesting. A giant company falls apart over 3 dollars/month. While I find this extremely hard to believe, I will say that it sounds exactly like what you posted about with talking to people about prices being the same since 1999. Sounds like low ballers doing business with low ballers to me.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

Bottom line......dump the customer or charge more to return to the property.

4. echo

Bingo.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

All the talk about squabblers is offered against a presumed backdrop of LS having no squabblers. :rolleyes:

6. echo

There's squabblers everywhere...and lowballers and squabblers usually end up finding each other.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. ducnut

ducnut LawnSite Bronze Member

You're welcome to come to town and see for yourself. The big company owns the landfill. You're welcome to go out there and ask the employees that are left.

It's not low balling, when your rates nearly double in 3 years and someone comes in under that with a reasonable rate, that's just under your inflated rate. The rates were artificially inflated because they thought they had a monopoly with owning the pickup service and the landfill.

You absolutely will not ever see anything any other way, than your own.

8. echo

No thanks. I'm good where I'm at.

I see what it takes to run a successful operation without dealing with the customers you choose to cater to. As I said, squabblers and low ballers usually find each other. You can have them all.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. im with you 100%. I've dealt with squablers in the past and you are correct, they want extras for free and nickel and dime you as well as usually pay late. i dont have time fir them either...too many good people out there.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. echo

It takes some people longer to figure that out...or in many cases they're only customers they can find/get.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014