My neighbor tried to race me on his jd today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by South Florida Lawns, Dec 30, 2005.

1. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

He got this new John Deere garden tractor the other day and now he tries to race me on my z master when I'm at home.

I can edge trim and blow everything by the time he finishes mowing. We both have the exact same sized yards, I even have more gradens to trim.

Next week I will bring out the little 32'' wb and still beat him.

2. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

LMAO!! I love that about some people, maybe if he put some flame decals on it, he might go faster. lol
  3. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

This one house I mow the kid next door always seems to be waiting for me. He will start mowing right when I do but he never wins the race.
  4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

One of my customers has 16 acres. He cuts 14 of them and I cut the 2 acres around the house. This year he went out and bought a brand new Kubota diesel ZTR to go along with his 15 foot bat wing mower. So I'm mowing along minding my own business and suddenly he appears right next to me. The race is on. So it's dude riding a brand new $15k mower vs. grassman with a mower he picked up used for $4500. Let's just say that he won't try that again.
  5. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

man that happens to me all the time . i think they all want to prove that they dont need me. oh well i am drivin away when they start to trim . lol.