My new 2008 GMC 2500HD Duramax!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Petr51488, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Well, here it is. It took about a month to get here.. and its finally here. Its a 2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab Long Bed with the Duramax/Allison Package. This truck has every option except the rear seat t.v. Compared to my 1500, this thing is a tank. I feal like im 20ft off the ground when i'm driving. I Love it! Its a tad long, but perfect for what i need it for. If you want any more pics let me know.

truck 2.JPG

2. Petr51488

from NJ

Here's 1 more..

THRIFTY LawnSite Member
    from (913)

Super nice! Now throw a chip in it!!!
  4. Petr51488

from NJ

Thanks! Yea, i don't think i'm going to get one for it. I've read in the diesel forums once you start getting programers for it, it screws with the computers, lights come on, etc. I don't need any of that. I think that i can safely add 90hp max without screwing up the tranny.
  5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Looks great!

Going to plow with it?
  6. Petr51488

from NJ

Nope, no plow. It's wayy to long. I would need huge lots to be able to work with this. I will use it for snow removal though. I have 2 blowers and an atv with a plow on it.
  7. SimonCX

SimonCX LawnSite Senior Member

Nice truck, I wouldn't chip it if the dealer finds out you can loose the warranty depending on the dealer. The duramax has more than enough power I don't think the extra 75hp is worth loosing the warranty on a $40-45k truck.
  8. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

yeh especially since its the new emisions friendly engine! they really dont want you to mess those up! but mine that is shiny shiny red! looks good! i really like the new gmc's, but hate the new chevys! good choice! Hows the LMM's power? have you driven an LBZ?
  9. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

Very nice looking truck! You planning on putting a toolbox in there?
  10. Petr51488

from NJ

Yea, the warrenty is another reason why i won't chip it. Hah, i wish it was 45k lol

Thanks! Yea, i love the red color. Especially on the Gmc's. I totally agree with you on the GMC vs. Chevy syling. I hate the front end chevy's. I know this truck has plenty of power, but i havn't really gotten a chance to test it out. Its brand new, and i need to take it easy for the first 500 miles. (keep it under 55mph, vary speeds, no flooring it,etc.) This is my first diesel, so i no, i havn't driven teh LBZ. The awesome thing is... it sounds like a diesel, without the smell. Most say its quiet.. but you can deffinetly tell its a diesel. THe interior is SUPER quiet.. I'm very happy with my decision on this truck. (and i better be with the price tag lol)

No, no toolbox. I will prob put in a backrack and a bedliner along with the top rails.