1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

My new add in the local paper

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by B.S.S.R., May 24, 2006.

1. B.S.S.R.

B.S.S.R. LawnSite Member

I've gotton over 180 calls from this add in the last 2 weeks.

Just thougt i'd show you all to see what you think.

Ed

[​IMG]

2. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

i didn't know canadians spelled Weekly as "weelky" or installation as "instillation"

3. PJDiesel

PJDiesel LawnSite Member

Yeah, you got some typos there. Other than that it looks nice.

4. fulano

fulano LawnSite Senior Member

I guess the 13 people calling each day could care less about the typos. Out of the 13 how many jobs have you gotten and what is the readership of the newspaper you advertise in?

5. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

6. B.S.S.R.

B.S.S.R. LawnSite Member

lol, I didn't see that,

A designer does all that. I just proofed it. wow, i really didnt realise. I guess its because they have to translate from french to english as it runs in 2 different languages.

Out of 180 calls i signed 28 new lawn customers and got about 10,000$ in extra jobs. not bad for a $1000.00 add. :)

7. B.S.S.R.

B.S.S.R. LawnSite Member

It sends out 55,000 papers weekly

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

That's funny. The "weekly" thing is one of those things that when you read it, it doesn't matter how it's spelled. It looks the same. There was a thing on here (off topic) a while back that someone posted about that. They had a paragraph that was all spelled wrong, but you read it clear as day. That was definitely observant, I must say...
    Anyway, the ad looks great. Also, there's something about it...it has a nice "retro" look to it. It reminds me of an old ad you would see in an old newspaper page that you would find.