1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

My new aluminum trailer.

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Esby, Apr 19, 2003.

1. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

Picked up this new Aluma trailer about a week ago. Its replacing a much heavier steel trailer. I ended up getting a 6.5x12' with a GVWR of 3000#. It pulls really nice, and looks nice too:)

trailer resize1.jpg
  2. Esby

3. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

Very nice, Esby !!!
  4. wow that is about the nicest lookin trailer i have ever seen:D :D
    what did that run ya? its too pretty to even put a mower , or a load of top soil on
  5. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Can we say expensive what did the trailer cost I imagine it wasn't cheap :p

One thing about aluminum is it gouges easy your probably would want some thing on the deck as a wear deck like a thin sheet of rubber.

One thing about the aluminum you wouldn't have to worry about the trailer rusting out the axle will probably rust out before the trailer falls apart.
  6. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Expensive??? Who cares, think about how much gas you will save over the 50 years it'll last...................
  7. CD landscaping

CD landscaping LawnSite Member

hey what are u using to pull that thing with since it is so light are u using a lighter truck too,
  8. Esby

I wanted a lighter weight trailer, that wasn't going to rust, but could still handle two full sized Z's. I wanted a deck that was low to the ground, and this one fit the bill(14in). I also liked its appearance as it looks really sharp with Exmark's on the bed. I am pulling this with a 1994 Dodge Dakota with a 3.9L. This picture below shows the back end of the truck and my old trailer that I replaced with the one above. I paid $1,850 for it.

steinbrings w-truck 5-24-02.jpg