my new baby

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by shade tree landscaping, Apr 20, 2008.

1. shade tree landscaping

shade tree landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Just picked it up yesturday, my new Walker model C 20hp w/ a 42inch deck, 9.5 bushel hopper, and the "no catch deflector" (not pictured). I love this thing already! Did a late sping cleanup at my house with it and it worked great! Heres a few pics, I will post a few more when I have the time to take them.

florida 001.jpg

florida 002.jpg

2. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

Your only regret will be that you waited to long to purchase the Walker. It's quite impressive how many LCO's are now purchasing a Walker; ironically many LCO say their "overprice" yet their going to reach over 100,000 units sold in August?

3. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Congratulations! I had a LCO from New Jersey stop me the other day asking me about the lawn care business here. He was down for some turkey hunting and liked the area. After we talked about the differences between lawn care there and here (especially price) I don't think he will be moving here but no doubt he will be back for more turkey next year. I know Walker makes a fine product and I have a lot of respect for the company (family owned I think). We don't collect grass here or mulch so they are not for everyone but for a fine manicured lawns they are at or near the top.

4. ATouchofGrass

ATouchofGrass LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

Looks good! How do you like the "no catch deflector"? Any pics of it on the machine?

5. shade tree landscaping

The "no catch" works good, you still get a little grass in the hopper, ill take a few pics of it on the machine and post it.

6. Blueribbonlawns

Blueribbonlawns LawnSite Senior Member

Awesome buddy i have the same mower and i love it also good luck.

7. wannabemowing

wannabemowing LawnSite Member

Nice mower!! I have heard dang good things about those and I have been trying to talk my boss into picking one up since he needs another mower but this man bleeds green and yellow and owns nothing but deeres.

8. shade tree landscaping

heres a few pics of the "no catch" defleftor. Also anyone who owns a walker, does you "alarm" for the full hopper chirp when going on un-even surfaces? Mine does this on bumpy lawns and it drives me crazy, other thatn that I dont have one bad thing to say about this machine!

4-25-08 024.jpg

4-25-08 027.jpg

9. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

What are these things main use, just baggin? I see some around here but rarely, theyre way too small for most places, i mean a 42" is barely walk behind size, we couldnt use them on any homes we cut unless they were 1/4 acre or smaller, even with that, it would take too long compared to using a 48" zero turn, how fast do they go?

Whats the white compartment on the back the engine or bagger?

10. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

mine chirps on bumps also and when you get whole clumps sucked up the tube. I have a 26 efi 48inch 9.5 hopper low profile tires dual tail wheel kit I have 50 hrs onit in 2 weeks. Get the inserts to go in the hopper to hold grass then buy a plastic rubbermaid style bin . throw the small ones in the truck and wipe out the rest into the tote. fast and not tiring. I have 10 homes in one gated community and evrytime i mow with the walker i get a new one.