My New Birth day Presnt

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Pro-lawns, Mar 6, 2005.

1. Pro-lawns

Pro-lawns LawnSite Member

the wife Gave me a real nice birthday present to day
    33" Troybilt Self-Propelled Wide Cut Walkbehind Mower
    Brand new
    a local hardware company is going out of business
    and she picked it up for $600.00

Does Any body have one or used one ???

2. mdmowerman

mdmowerman LawnSite Member
    from 20833

my buddys dad has been mowing for 10+ years part time (15 or so lawns a week) with that mower. he loves it, the other guy he cuts w. has the same mower and put a hour meter on it and its reading 2k hours and still going strong. if you dont plan on running the mower all day, every day, maintain it... it should last ya.

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

what a great wife!!!

4. Hartlawn Services

Hartlawn Services LawnSite Member

haven't been exactly thrilled with my 33" Troy-Bilt. It has timed blades that always seem to get messed up and hit each other and it's handles need to be reinforced--they crack/break where the handle secures itself to the mower with 2 bolts. I do believe, however, that newer machines are sold with these reinforcements in place.

It's possible that my mower is just wearing down because of heavy use a few years ago, but I maintain my equipment very well, and the problems with this machine seem to be unique. I must say, though, that I absolutely LOVE the Briggs on it. No matter how long it's been since it's been used, always starts on the 1st or 2nd pull.

At any rate, $600 is a steal. I believe they go for around $1300 new.

5. rdownton

rdownton LawnSite Member

Yup, I just priced one at $1,399.00.

6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Whats your email address so i can send your wife my christmas list!jk, congrats on the new mower, have fun with it!

7. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I have one brand new that I don't even use. I have it as a back up. Been thinking about selling it. I have had mixed reviews from the guys from the little use it got this year (maybe 15-25 hours). However, another guy I know has one and he absolutely loves it. Enjoy! It definitely leaves a nice looking cut.

8. freddyc

freddyc LawnSite Senior Member

does your wife have a sister thats single????:rolleyes:

9. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

HOLY CRAP! THAT is a cool wife! a brand new 33" wb mower, talk about goin for the gold on great gifts. she's a keeper for sure.

10. Reliable Lawn Care

Reliable Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Yes indeed a great present, but what is it really going to cost you? Diamonds? Pearls? Clothes? Lexus? Just kidding, sounds like a great wife who supports you!!!