1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

My New Bri-Mar Dump Trailer Pics!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by mkwl, Mar 11, 2009.

1. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, I think it will work great! I got it for $4,450 out the door (including tax) with a spare tire. The sides will cost me around $200 to make, so overall, I have about $4,700 into it- I think it will be well worth it!

2. Coastal Lawn Maintenance

Coastal Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

looks good. looks like it will make you some money cant wait to see what the side look like on it

3. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Looks great man. I should be picking mine up tommorrow I am getting a slightly used one. just a little smaller. Are you on spring break from college? I have had the whole week off and have been working on getting stuff ready

4. Lucky Star Lawn Care

Lucky Star Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

WOW thats pricey...I just picked up a 97 F350 8ft dump truck with plow in great shape for $5000

5. mkwl

They're not cheap- the MSRP on this one was $4650 + $100 for the spare + ~$310 for tax = MSRP $5,060.

6. mkwl

But remember- you're going to have to pay add'l insurance on that- the trailer costs me nothing in insurance- another significant savings. Plus- this trailer holds A LOT more than a standard 8' mason body dump.

7. big_belly4ever

big_belly4ever LawnSite Member

Lucky not in the long run hes better off with dump trailer I had a 6.5 x12 trail load cheaper to run than a dump truck and license,and maintain. nice price 3 years ago i paid 5,000 plus tax and license. mkwl don't ever get rid of it I miss mine badly. i got rid of mine got out if the mulch selling business. sure comes in hand for branches, leaves,garbage, mulch,dirt ,gravel you name it. Hand unloading and shoveling here.my.02 cents

8. Lucky Star Lawn Care

Lucky Star Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Very true on both your parts...not tryn to knock it at all I just spent my money differently. As I personally would rather have the truck over the trailer due to other jobs (plowing mainly) This trailer is gonna be a great buy for you

9. mkwl

I agree- I did look at buying a small mason body dump truck, but the maintenance cost, smaller capacity, and insurance kept me away from it- I believe the dump trailer will work great for me!

10. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Ugh, you went with the rascal. But hey, its a dump none the less! Did you happen to see the low profile ones there? Question...do you plan on making the walls out of wood? Its gonna suck with only 6 stake pockets. The walls will really flex out with any type of weight in it. I Just primed the inside of mine today and will be putting a black epoxy in it tomorrow. I'm pretty sure you'll need fresh coat of paint on the inside by the end of the season. Check to see if they cover that under warrenty because i didnt ask for mine. Good Luck with it! Here's a link to my dump with the walls and loader setup. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=250869