My New Bri-Mar Dump Trailer Pics!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by mkwl, Mar 11, 2009.

1. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, I went with the Rascal- the guy said he hardly sells any of the other LP trailers because ALL of the components on the Rascal and the LP trailers are IDENTICAL (6x10 10K). The ONLY difference is having one less stake pocket, and the fenders and lights are different. With the $$$ I saved by buying the Rascal, I can make my sides, and still have $400 left over. Plus, it will really only see use 3-4 months out of the year as the rest of the time I'm away at school. It looks VERY heavy duty built to me- I think it will suit me well!

2. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying it was a bad choice at all.
    When do you finish school? It sucks only being able to use it a few months out of the year.
    How do you plan on making the walls?
    As for the stake pockets, i forgot you got the 10' and not the 12. Mine has 11 stake pockets, and also the major noticeable difference are the brackets that go around the trailer on the exterior for strapping stuff down and the fenders look a bit different....just by looking at it.
    If you get a chance tomorrow...call them up and ask them if they warrenty the paint on the inside of the dump. Mine is all rust after about 7 months.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
  3. SimonCX

SimonCX LawnSite Senior Member

Don't get me wrong but you only have insurance on your trailer when it's hooked up to your truck on an policy. If you leave it unhooked and it gets stolen they won't pay, thats way I have mine on the policy just like the trucks.

4. nnj18

nnj18 LawnSite Silver Member

does it have the scissor lift or two pistons?? lmk how you like it, I might buy a 12'-14'....

5. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Nice purchase! Good luck with it!!

6. Going Commercial

Going Commercial LawnSite Member

I bought a new Brimar low pro, 12,000lb with the three way gate/doors, Spare tire and ramps. I went with the wider trailer and it is 12 ft long. Trailer is great!!! You are expecting to carry way too much mulch for that trailer. The weight alone is too much. Your max amount loaded is about 7000lbs and good luck trying to pull close to 10,000 with your truck without ruining it. I have a 2005 hd, gas and believe me you will know when the trailer is on it empty. I think you made a great choice in the Brimar because of its quality but feel you should have went larger in the long run because I do not think you will ever fit a skidsteer or tractor in the 10 ft. You may not see the need at this time but my thoughts are "find what your use is now and then go up a step or 2 for future growth use". Best of luck!

7. riverwalklandscaping

riverwalklandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I know plenty of people who tow 10K with 3/4ton trucks and have for years without ruining the truck myself included..

I notice there are only two stake pockets for 10 feet. I would recommend getting a steel U bracket bolted on/welded half way down to keep the wooden sides from flexing or breaking. Also one thing to think about with sides is if you load the trailer with a tractor/skid steer at all. I only put 20" sides on mine so I can still load it with a small tractor/skid/miniskid if I want, and then I have the 4 foot sides for using it with the leaf vac.

Peter when you say rust do you mean the whole thing is rust like an old dump truck, or the areas where something like stone put a good scratch in is rusting? I'm pretty sure its normal to have some rust in the bed of a non aluminum/stainless dump after a decent amount of use.

8. nnj18

nnj18 LawnSite Silver Member

yep I was going to say that too...and if you're putting a lot of rock or concrete in it, it will get torn up and have surface rust....I dont see many dump trucks or trailers without some surface rust on the dump body.

9. mikeg1005

mikeg1005 LawnSite Member

Nice trailer I wish mine was a low profile!

10. bobcatnj

bobcatnj LawnSite Senior Member

i have a bri mar 7 x 14 with the bri mar high sides and swing doors, i think its rated for 14k. i love the trailer, one of the best pieces of equipment i bought. I can load it with 12 yards of mulch and have no problems, put a skid steer in the back, what ever.... Make sure you get a BRAKE CONTROLLER, you will burn your truck brakes up with out it.