My New Bri-Mar Dump Trailer Pics!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by mkwl, Mar 11, 2009.

1. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

looks nice especially with the sides

2. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep- everything's Pressure Treated and all galvenized fastners! Cost a small fortune to make but they're heavy duty sides!

3. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Hah, i bet. I just used those weatherproof screws for everything. Still holding up great. How high is it from the floor to the top?

4. mkwl

Thanks for the comments- the sides are 4' tall total (inside them bed).

5. riverwalklandscaping

riverwalklandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

wow peter do you park where water sits inside? that is way to much rust I would complain to bri-mar

6. tls22

tls22 LawnSite Senior Member

Matt it looks great. The truck will pull it fine, you plow snow with the truck for christ sakes. I dont understand some of these guys, its a work truck.

Good luck this coming season matt :drinkup:

7. mkwl

That's what I figure- if the truck can push a 900LB plow across the ground with 1,500LBS + of snow infront of it (TONS of friction)- I think it'll be fine pulling a 10K load (trailer has brakes, truck has brake controller- both my trailers have brakes)- I agree!

You too man!

8. riverwalklandscaping

riverwalklandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

trucks can tow all they want, getting them to stop is another thing. You will be fine with brake controller. Your truck is made to tow, so people who say it ruins one to tow with it are idiots

9. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Nope, but i do keep my yard waste in there. Anything from grass clippings, leaves, brush. THat stuff stays in there until i fill up the dump to the top. Most of the time its for a month so i'm sure that doesn't help. Then all the banging up in there from the firewood doesnt help either. I already painted it, so i don't know if they'll do anything about it. You think if i call they would reimburse me for my supplies? anything?

x2 on the truck thing. The truck will pull it without a problem. I'm pretty sure you have a brake controller, if not, don't pull the trailer without it. Test it out on a side street. Unplug your trailer and try stopping it with a load in it. Its very hard and if you hit a bump or something in the road, the abs with kick in and your up a creek without a paddle lol

10. grasscutter845

grasscutter845 LawnSite Member

Nice trailer i have a cam-superline 6x10 5ton.. Just bought it in the fall and built a leaf box right away. cant wait to get the box off and build sides similar to urs,or i may buy the expanded mesh sides.