My New Broken Battery backpac

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by humble1, Feb 11, 2008.

1. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

:cry:So i ordered a battery powered backpack sprayer w/ jd9 gun 2 batteries etc $350 dollars latter it arrives at my door. I open the package with excitement, just like the kid on " A Christmas Story" when he got his red rider combo action bb gun with built in compass in the stock.

I hear a sound of small pieces giggling in the bottom of the box- oh i wonder what those small pieces are? Yup its the sureflow pump cracked down the middle, and the fitting the hose connects to was sheared off.

I would like to thank the careless shipping job of the big brown box truck and the guys in the brown uniforms. Jerks!!!!!! my box is crushed, holes in it, scuff marks etc.:nono::nono::nono:

2. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

Bummer. The wear brown uniforms for a reason.

Battery back pack? Man, I like to keep it simple. For Christmas, one thing on my list was a course grain black pepper mill. Simple enough, right? What do I get? This thing that needs 5 AAA batteries, has a miniature flashlight built into it, and it uses a push button instead of a simple crank handle. Probably has an Intel uProcessor in it too. When I buy my new Quick 32.... I'm NOT getting the push button start. Just more stuff to break or die early.... I've also had a marine deep cycle battery blow up in my basement. Batteries suck.

3. bugthug

bugthug LawnSite Member
    from PA

was this a fastpac ? I have been thinking about ordering a few but I hear their customer service blows.

4. twhite2u

twhite2u LawnSite Member

We use FloJet Pumps not shurflo ;o)

5. twhite2u

twhite2u LawnSite Member

The "Brown" shipping company has damaged more then one of our sprayers too!!

6. twhite2u

twhite2u LawnSite Member

First I have heard about customer service sucking. FastPac dose everything in our power to rectify any problems that might arrive. (Example) with the above mentioned shipping damage. We sent a new unit to him ASAP while we have not been compensated for the destroyed Backpack by the shipping company. We strive to give our customers quick and responsive replies when we are notified of a problem. If there is a problem with customer service I would like to know about it. Thank You

7. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

I was wrong in the pumpnot sureflow it is flowjet, so far terry white was very responsive to my inquiry, he got right back to my email same day, and after big browns investigation he had shipped out another unit. I havent received that one yet, hopefully this one will be intact. Looks like a bad arse unit on the video on their website.

8. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

We use Shurflo battery-powered backpacks. One of them had the battery break off the plastic support. Tried to glue it, but no success. Oh well.

9. bugthug

bugthug LawnSite Member
    from PA

I read on another site that the fastpac leaked and got no response from the company. Not trying to bash I think it is a great product. I have a shurflo and it is a pos. I am interested in buying the fastpac just dont like the idea of leaking chemical.

10. twhite2u

twhite2u LawnSite Member

I am not aware of that particular problem on another site. We had a customer report a leaking lid recently and was wondering how tight the lid can be. Since our response to the customer to rectify the problem, we have not heard of anymore leak issues with the lid or any other leak issue. We know its not a perfect world and appreciate all of our customers views and inputs.