1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

My New but used mower

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Gatewayuser, Apr 8, 2006.

1. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

Here is a mower I bought just a few hours ago its a 1990-? something bobcat 48" with a 15 hp kol gear drive. It has a new engine and trans and mows and stripes very well. I am removing all the parts, stickers and rust is going to be cut out and repainted so it looks like new. The mower cost me $700 I don't know if thats good or bad the guy I bought it off of is giving me his accounts also. I figured its always good to have another backup mower or for a yard thats soft considering it weighs almost a third of what my gateway weighs.

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

nice buy! for $700 ide buy it, will look really good when its done...hope your planning on taking pics throughout the process!
  3. Gatewayuser

Why of course! Now that I have my digital cam I will take plenty you all will be amazed. Kind of like when I redid my gateway which I just put the new stickers on finally.
  4. NEPSJay

NEPSJay LawnSite Senior Member

looks good for the price. nice score.
  5. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

The only thing bad is cosmedic, usually a solo guy doesnt beat his equipment.
  6. jacob land and

jacob land and LawnSite Member

ive got the same mower, runs like a champ and leaves good stripes
  7. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

i think its a good deal. i got my bunton for $350 and it was worth about
    $500. but now that we have put all the work into it id say its worth $650. its a nice mower ill try to get pics of its stripes when i get out mowing. i might be doin to commercials this year and we are planting grass so i think the stripse will really show up.
  8. turftammer

turftammer LawnSite Member

I also have one I rebuilt a few years back. same deal great mower but rusty. I sand blasted, repaired pitts,and replaced anything worn. I painted mine kelly green not the same but the color was real close. It can be bought at wal-mart in the spray can for 97 cents. yes,it's a spray can but if you do it right you won't be able to tell the difference. If you plan to replace all stickers and safety decals plan on dropping a hundred dollar bill because most will probably only be available from textron.
  9. Gatewayuser

Thats so funny because thats the exact same paint I bought today.
    Your right stickers are not cheap but it icing on the cake.

I bondo it today and got rid of the rust I will be going to the parts place tomorrow to get a ton of things. I plan on putting $300 more dollars into it.
  10. murray83

murray83 LawnSite Senior Member

good steal man,if your lucky that machine should pay for itself in a year