My new chain stripe kit.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by KathysLGC, Aug 16, 2004.

1. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

Heres the kit.

000_0012.jpg

2. KathysLGC

Another view......

000_0013.jpg

3. KathysLGC

Now lets start cutting!

000_0014.jpg

4. KathysLGC

I was under a tree and got a bad white balance on this shot. I was cutting the lawn at 7pm but it wasn't this dark.

000_0015.jpg

5. KathysLGC

You can see how having the chain behind the wheels helps smoothen out the tire marks. I'm trying to eliminate tire marks in my stripes.

000_0016.jpg

6. KathysLGC

I'm going for the even colored stripes. No darker on the end stripes due to the tires.

000_0017.jpg

7. KathysLGC

Thats all I took that day but I'll post more this week when i cut the lawn again.

Let me know what you guys think and as always thanks for looking.

Edgar.

8. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

That's a home made kit, correct? What'd it cost you to put it together? Did you make the chains short enough so they won't catch under the drive wheels when you back up?

Haven't seen one that wide before so it's a little different looking but I like the thought you put into it re: covering up the tire tracks.

9. KathysLGC

Yes it's home made. I redid it. If you look at my other post you'll see the previous one was between the wheels (31" I think) but I used a very cheap brace to hold the chain on. You'll see the begining pics of this kit and how I was checking the chain length near the tires. The chains are basicaly 5/16 chain. The chains on the ends are new. Since I went wider i need about 25-30 new pieces. Behind the tires the chain is 8 links long and the rest is 9 links long. I forget the length but it was easier to measure, then tell the guy at home cheapo to give me so and so in 8 links etc.

The ends are very sharp so i put foam on the tips so i would hit my leg on it.

I'm sure if i had to buy everything all ay once it'd be close to $100.

10. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

how much of a difference was without and with? Do you have some before stripe pics?