My New Chute Blocker!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bbailey, May 16, 2007.

1. bbailey

bbailey LawnSite Member
    from Vermont

Purchased and installed my new chute blocker from Power Chute Design on my 757 Ztrak this past weekend and I am very impressed! It is the cats A**!!! Cuts time off mowing and makes clean up 10 times easier. Best money I have spent on a piece of equipment so far. Just thought I would let you all know how impressed I was.:clapping:
  2. jrs mowing

jrs mowing LawnSite Member

How long did it take to put the thing on? & was it hard at all?
  3. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

Have any pic's at all for us? Is there a handle on it also so you can lift it as well? Oh what part of Vermont you from??
  4. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

I can understand how it saves time cleaning up but how does it save mowing time?
  5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

You never need to worry about what direction you are going with mulch plate on...saves a big bunch of time on small properties with beds, sidewalks, streets, and close neighbors. Hard to mow a 5 feet strip between the sidewalk and a major street with outlet open...and beds 3 feet from the sidewalk.
  6. bbailey

bbailey LawnSite Member
    from Vermont

It took just over an hour to put on the machine, a little drilling(4 holes) and routing the wiring the right way. Connect the positive and negative leads to the battery and that was it.
    I am located just outside of Rutland, Vermont
    No handles with this one, all electric with a foot pedal. 7 tenths of a second to cycle fully!!!
    Very, Very Impressed

Their website is,
  7. Alta Lawn Care

Alta Lawn Care LawnSite Member

The Power Chute has a foot pedal right? Has anybody used it on a stander like a JD Quik Trak? I wonder if you can change out the switch from a foot pedal to a push button . . .
  8. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

they offer a hand switch
  9. ealbertson

ealbertson LawnSite Senior Member

Does it leave any clumps or grass strips? How much did it cost?
    Thanks, Ed
  10. Mark in MD

Mark in MD LawnSite Senior Member

I thought I read in another thread that chute blockers don't work well on multiple blade machines, because all the grass gets thrown to the right-most blade. To work properly, blocks have to be installed at each individual blade housing so that each blade is independent of the others and mulches evenly.

And that's great, except that the mower then becomes a dedicated mulching mower and catching grass is out of the question.