My new (demo) Encore Prowler

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Rook00, Apr 7, 2004.

1. Rook00

Rook00 LawnSite Member

Yes, that's right, I love my prowler. I know most of you are exmark fans among the other more popular brands, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

It's a 61" cut, 27hp Liq. Cooled Kaw. and its pretty mean. I was flying at least 8mph mowing thick grass and leaving a perfect stripe. Speaking of stripe. . . it leaves a great one without any accessories! I bought it with 244 hrs (demo) on it and a 2 year warranty. Spindles are no-maintanence and that saves time. PTO shaft-driven blade system is very efficient. Have any of you used the newer encore prowlers?

2. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

No i have never used one but if it woks for you thats what matters.payup payup

3. pcnservices

pcnservices LawnSite Senior Member

Rook00, Congratulations on your new Prowler. I have the 52" 23 hp ± 700 hrs no problems or mechanical failures. Like you said the quality of cut is excellent and the key is in that articulating deck.
    Mine also stripes good and I always like to look back at the stripes done without a roller or anything.
    Enjoy your Prowler. You'll love it.

4. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

You guys really think the articulating deck makes a difference a lot of the time? Interesting idea. I'd like to see a video of one in action. Does it help traction too?

5. Mowerboys

Mowerboys LawnSite Member

Hey Rookie where do you go for Encore? is it Reynolds, my brother and i have a smaller business and have a 48" hydro encore and have no problems with it.

btw I am also from Kansas City

6. KCLandscape

KCLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Arnolds lawn and garden in downtown Overland park just sold me a new DEMO w less than 1 hr for 6999
    25 hp, 61 inch.
    Just picked it up at 8 tonight, havent even run it on the first yard
    I CANT WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW!!!
    Also, traded in my 52 snapper with the jungle wheels. We havent worked out the trade in value, but I SCORED...
    All you current owners, I need some hints.
    I have grass to cut tomorrow